Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Just booked spyglass for next Friday. First time at any of the pebble spots.

I’m currently in at 6:40 am, but there’s a wide open 6:20 am time if an early birds out there want to group up? @Mack @leric90 @theHamburglar??

2 Likes

Anyone play Chabot recently? What shape is it in?

1 Like

I hit balls up there last week. You pay ahead online and just walk up to the window in the pro shop, they’re doing a good job with distancing and everything. Course looked really good driving in and my friends who played it last week confirmed as much. Another buddy and his gf went out to play the short course on Tuesday and he said it was packed with obnoxious bros playing in big groups. Can’t confirm if Carlotta is back on the grill yet, the most important detail. Will get up there next week and circle back

1 Like

unfortunately that is the peak of my morning for work so early am on weekdays doesn’t work best. I’ll let you know if that changes for next week

1 Like

Round up of the week:

The Bridges: with a lot of criticism on here about the Bridges, it wasn’t all that terrible. It’s certainly harder than a lot of courses around here because there isn’t much to miss, but it was fair. The greens were in pretty good shape. Range was open here and foam in cups. Sub 4 hour pace.

Half Moon Bay - Old: This was an awesome place. I’ve played the Ocean before but first time playing the Old and I was extremely happy with the shape of the course. Greens were in great shape as were the fairways. Foam in cups and short game area were open. Just around 4 hour pace, it was pretty packed.

Spyglass Hills with @theHamburglar: Huge thanks to Alex for putting this together. We were pretty lucky with weather for most of the day. The course was in immaculate shape and the greens were rolling. Took a few holes to get used to because the putting green was close but the range was open for mats only. About a 4.5 hour round, apparently Pebble is fully sold out as mentioned above.

Metropolitan GL: I play with a junior every week and this was the course closest to him. It’s in the same shape as last week, but the greens have pretty much recovered from their aeration. Cups were still raised here; we walked it in just over 4 hours.

Baylands GL: This place was awesome. As mentioned above, the fairways were a bit on the hairy side, kind of a nice lie for your balls if that’s what you’re into. I finished the front 9 in 1 hour 15 and took my time on the back and looped that in 1 hour 30. The greens here are firm and decently fast. Range and putting greens are open with a foam insert in the cups (like poppy ridge), so the ball never lands on a piece of foam. Still singles only.

Up next week:

Monday: Corica South
Tuesday: Presidio
Wednesday: Poppy Ridge (again)

Back to New York after that!

5 Likes

dude this is a great stretch of courses !! looking forward to pics from that lineup next week

1 Like

Just found out our company is giving everyone off next Friday (22nd) - anyone up for an afternoon round somewhere? I’m down in South Bay (Redwood City) but open to play anywhere within an hour or so

Hey man! Thank you for the invite, i would definitely join you but I’m getting a little golfed out in terms of travel. Currently day 6 at bandon

3 Likes

WEEP FOR THIS MAN!

2 Likes

Spyglass was in solid condition but greens were pretty meh, still very much aerated. Can’t wait to get back to hopefully see the ocean without the fog

1 Like

Did they say how long the flat for both residents and non residents? I’m there full time in a couple weeks but won’t be able to prove residency yet

Ladies and germs of Northern California, a couple items regarding the Royal & Ancient Society of Dishonourable Golfers:

1. Make sure you have put your name down on the spreadsheet, under the NorCal chapter. Row 491 on this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wrncWdRZjknkX_ZslJAjPmugIpj1nMEZ93ww969kvyM/edit#gid=0

2. I have created an Instagram account for us. Just send me (@paddygolfshots) or the actual account (@RACDG_NorCal) your pics and I will feature them on the account

3. We have a logo! Kind of. Logical choice is to put the NorCal hat on the sheep, right? Open to all ideas for the logo. I think we get some merch going.
    The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society

11 Likes

Right now the deals are for best deals are for NCGA members and Duke’s club members that currently run through the end of May. You can join the NCGA online without showing residence. The duke’s club used to have a local requirement to it but not sure if that’s still the case. Dukes is 360/year and well worth it if you’re gonna play the 3 courses it usually gets you discounts on

They didn’t say, but everything is done on the phone right now so I would just give them a ring when you’re here to see if that’s the deal going on. It’s $50 to walk mon-thurs and $60 fri-sun currently

Just to follow up on the Refugee meetup originally planned for 7/11 at Northwood, I am exploring booking either 7/11 or 7/12 at Oakmoore in Stockton for an initial RACDG, NorCal chapter meetup. For around $40 a person we can have the course all to ourselves for the day. Stockton is fairly centrally located, the course is fun and we can play 6somes.

Please let me know if interested.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah I would def go back there. Need a little revenge on the many, many irons I missed last time haha

1 Like

Oakmore and its tree:

3 Likes

Baylands rocks.

2 Likes

interested :wave:

1 Like