Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Sigh, that’s not surprising but a bummer to hear.

Yea. Took almost a week, 2 voicemails, a message with the golf shop and then finally a 4th follow up call to even get the guy in the phone. I kinda felt bad pushing the issue I’m sure he’s not all that pumped to be turning people away.

2 Likes

Played Peacock yesterday early and they checked my ID. Previous to that when I played with @greebs they did not. So it’s hit and miss I think.

Thanks for sticking w it. We’ll make it happen again someday.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Won’t bother making a tee time with my CoCo buddy.

Played Baylands tonight. All time great round. The course is maybe in the best condition I’ve ever seen it. Had my dog. Shot my best score ever, anywhere.

14 Likes

What a great pic. Also congrats on the round!

1 Like

I’m playing tomorrow, pretty psyched. How was the pace

I definitely saw you two out there! Great round!

1 Like

It took me exactly 2:58 to walk 18 holes.

2 Likes

Yep my pace was about the same. Went off at 4:55, was done just before 8.

1 Like

How was it with all the rain? It usually take a while for it to recover from a couple days of rain.

1 Like

Awesome pic! Can’t wait to get my pup out for a round.

1 Like

Glad to hear Baylands is in good shape.

The fairway conditions have improved I take it?
Have the native areas grown up/thicker (e.g., right of #6 where I virtually always play from)?

The fairways are way better than they were last time I played in Feb. In general, they’re nice and thick, almost feels like the ball is tee’d up. They do still have a bit up that “patching” though, where the ball rolls into these little crevices and sits down.

There were a couple of isolated wet patches, but overall very good.

They have grown out the native areas - between 6 and 7 is more grown out, though still not the best example.

1 Like

Here are some pics of the fairways

3 Likes

Why bother with pics of places I’ll never see?

2 Likes

Wasn’t bad at all really, and it was raining throughout our entire front 9. Greens were slow to begin with so the moisture had them running at like a 5, many putts left short. But no mud or standing water or anything. Gorgeous up there in the canyon with fog and light rain falling

1 Like

That rough is no joke. I lost a couple balls that bounced from the fairway and they just disappeared. Luckily no one was behind me so I could take some time to look but even then I still couldn’t find it. LOL

For real. I didn’t lose any bit that was thanks to my playing partner’s keen eye haha. We also found A LOT of others embedded in those gnarly nests.