Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

I never got a response from anyone, so didn’t arrange anything

Dude, it’s a shitty excuse but I’m on the mend with a shoulder. Otherwise I totally woulda joined you somewhere.

My advice: go play anyways. Going to be a lovely weekend weather-wise.

1 Like

No worries at all. I have buddies coming in Monday for the best trip of our lives so just sneaking in a warmup round. I will go hit balls and/or play. Group message trash talk has been next level so I need to get dialed in somehow.

3 Likes

Guis,

Here is a spreadsheet for possible Northwoods dates. Just throw your name down and put an X under which dates work for you. Probably the best way to narrow down interest and dates.

1 Like

And as for a Corica meetup, why don’t we plan on the 2nd Annual Blaw Wearie in the fall. We had our first one last October that was a mish mash of refugees and non refugees. Had about 40 guis. Maybe this go around we limit it to just refugees.

5 Likes

It’s saying view only.

1 Like

Ok try now

1 Like

Filled out the sheet, and noted that one day there is Fathers Day (also Sunday of the US Open) which likely counts many of us out.

Good point

Sorry guise. Dropped the balls. Bandon got the better if me lol. So also something to consider the GM told me they host a lot of tournaments throughout the summer so we may not be able to pick any date we want. I left him a message yesterday to get back to me so we could get some officially open days from them. Haven’t heard back yet.

Ya. Obviously a big tourist spot up there in the summer.

If we get say 12-16 guys, shouldn’t be a problem to get a block of tee times.

1 Like

Great 12-16 seems more doable I was thinking 30 for some reason but I don’t think that’s the case

If we get that type of response, great. But as you know how these things go, plans come up/change so I think 12-16 will end up being the number.

2 Likes

Guis, I’m headed to Harding Park tmrw to watch the finals of the SF City. My boy Domingo has advanced as the last player into match play and is facing an upstart whippersnapper. Let me know if anyone wants to come out and cheer the old guy with me. It’s a 36 hole final so will be a long day. Cheers.

2 Likes

My guy Domingo

2 Likes

It’s a sad fact of NorCal culture that, at minimum, 30% of those who commit will end up flaking.

That’s just culture

Filled
Booked a tee time for 4 at Baylands this Sat at 8:24am - I have one open spot. Who wants it?
You’d be joining me and my two non-refuge regulars.

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t blame NorCal for this. When I got married, the general consensus is that 20% of people will decline, and 20% of the people who accept won’t show up. That latter part stuns me - we didn’t quite see that, but folks who say they’re coming to a wedding and then don’t show up are costing whoever is paying for the wedding at minimum a non-insignificant amount of money. Sometimes life happens but 20%! That’s insane.

1 Like

:slight_smile: anyone golfing this week? ill be home for the next 9 days and was hoping to golf with some refugees! @GremlinGolfer make it happen!