Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

I played Harding last Saturday. Off and on light rain but didn’t effect the course too much. We played lift clean and place - I would have been 5-10 shots worse had we not…that rough is thick and the fairways are pretty tight. Cheers!

+1 for Harding.

Pasa is my favorite course of all time (and I’ve only played it once) but getting to and fro will be such a pain, especially if you anticipate being able to be back in the area and nearer Santa Cruz in the somewhat near future.

I haven’t played Harding in the past month but do play there regularly. They have been narrowing the fairways for sure and the rough can be brutal depending on how you get it, but it’s a fun test and will make watching the PGA that much more enjoyable. Would suggest playing one up if the weather isn’t perfect, even if it is, plays longer than the card. It’s the best draining public around so I wouldn’t worry about the rain too much. It is over priced for an for an out of towner but it’s hosting a major, so it’s worth it at least once.

I also really enjoy presidio but it can be super soggy after rain. Would avoid right now.

If you want to save a few bucks and don’t care about checking Harding off the list, go play Corica Park in Alameda.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insight guise. Harding it is.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the right call. I played Presidio today due to time constraints. It’s totally fine. Wet, slowish greens, some mud balls here and there but certainly playable with preferred lies / winter rules.

But if I had the choice between the two, it’s always Harding.

Who is in town Thu-Sun after Christmas? Let’s set up some times

• thu
  • Fri
  • Sat
  • Sun
  • None

0 voters

Intent to close this out this weekend, but Sunday looking like we’ve got a foursome.

1 Like

i am always down to play golf

1 Like

you gotta play Lincoln Park at some point to get the experience

1 Like

I booked a foursome for Sunday 29th morning at 9:40 am at Pasatiempo. @Mack has first dibs because I canceled on him before. I’m open to a switch of venue as well, but figured i’d offer this up. 2 spots for 3 potential @leric90 @fullbodyfix @GDB12 . I’m open to a Saturday time elsewhere as well.

1 Like

I think i was last to comment but if there is an opening count me in

1 Like

I’m in for Sunday if there’s an opening, also should be available for a round somewhere on Saturday.

I’m also happy to defer and sit this one out if all others are in. I’m local and schedule is relatively flexible, so can always jump at another opportunity.

2 Likes

ah dang…I can’t swing the time for a santa cruz trip that day…count me out - that should free up everyone else. apologies and thanks for organizing!

1 Like

We’ll see how it shakes out. There’s still Saturday game to figure.

1 Like

I’d avoid Lincoln Park in the immediate future. I played there last weekend (for the first time in 20 years probably) and virtually every shot plugged right into the turf. Even considering all the rain we’ve had, the conditions were pretty poor. Which is too bad, because the course could be really special if it’s even in quasi-playable shape.

1 Like

Lincoln Park is a sad story, really. If there was ANY appetite to put money into that course, it could be such a resource for city residents. The view from the 17th hole (of the Golden Gate Bridge) rivals anything in the world, honestly.

But it’s not just a par-66 (and yes, I know par is just a construct) but it’s always in such shit condition that it’s genuinely un-fun to play most of the time.

Then you drive to somewhere like Blue Rock in Vallejo and they manage to keep two courses in fine condition and charge like $40-50 a round. But clearly - and yes, I know the city has many other worse problems - there’s zero appetite to deal with this.

2 Likes

Yeah sadly if there’s any rain, Lincoln is a no go. Terrible drainage. It just can’t handle water at all.

1 Like

I can host at Stonebrae if conditions are good, Greens were punched about 6 weeks ago and are a lot better because of all the rain we were getting. I’ve never played during the weekend, not sure if it’s the best idea tbh

5 Likes

Just want to say how cool this community is. Unselfish host offers at sick courses just a small part.

Anyone braving the rain and playing this Saturday?

4 Likes

This Sat looks ok. This Sun however…

Oh yeah I see that updated forecast. Might snag one of the few mid day spots left at Harding if anyone is interested. Or if anyone has a better idea fire away…

Errrrrrr edit. Wife has informed me Sat is not an option. :slight_smile:

1 Like