Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Past duke’s club member. That’s as simple as it is. Fill it out, pay them and reap the benefits. Freaking great deal. look for their monthly emails too when they run specials

2 Likes

I am a dukes club member. Just fill it out, 1 round at Spyglass is worth the price. Get a round at Del monte and 4 passes to the Hay as well.

Hey all - my name is Matthew and I’m new to the Refuge.

Moved from Chicago to San Mateo ~2 years ago for work in PA. Originally from Michigan (go blue!). Have been an avid pod-listener / content watcher for years but just finally trying to “get involved”. Would love to meet folks and play around the Bay. I’m no ringer, but can keep up: mid-to-high teens handicap now - played high school golf (poorly) but took a break for the last few years and am trying to get out there more frequently. Have played the usual public tracks around here at least once (Harding, Corica, Crystal Springs, Baylands, HMB, Sharp Park, etc.) but open to new adventures.

Looking forward to meeting others!

11 Likes

Welcome! You’re in the right place. If you want to get a bit deeper in - @GremlinGolfer can connect you to the roost and slack chat where a lot of the tee time organizing goes down.

Reach out anytime.

1 Like

Go Blue

This is insane

3 Likes

Yikes.

Hey gang. 2 spots open at Tilden this weekend. Sat 1:40p lmk

It’s why I just go play at Bodega… obviously walking rate helps. But Sonoma County residents get lower rate as well. Same situation at Rooster Run.

I believe Foxtail has a Rohnert Park resident rate. And they’re usually lax on enforcing it. Rooster is gangster about enforcing it.

1 Like

Hi all! New to the Nest and relatively new to the Bay Area. Moved to Napa from Seattle last year, and started playing golf more regularly around the same time. Mostly play solo right now, so excited to join the group and meet other folks in the area!

8 Likes

Welcome! I’d rec getting our slack chat for more games and tee times. @GremlinGolfer can hook u up (when he’s done winning the Modesto city champ this weekend).

Reach out with anything you need.

2 Likes

I’m in Napa too. Play a good amount solo as well so we’ll have to link up

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Just moved back out to the Bay Area in Livermore. From Connecticut, worked in Livermore for a bit, moved to DC and now back here. Getting into playing again and would love to find some folks to play with

6 Likes

Thanks all!

Awesome - I’ll be sure to reach out soon, I play 9 holes at Napa Kennedy in the evening at least once at week.

1 Like

Good lord, the Nutmegger faction we have around here is truly out of hand!

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hey man thanks for posting this. I played in the Corica event and would love to get back out to one again. Appreciate being added to whatever I need to stay up on the comings and goings.

3 Likes

Got a question for you lovely folks in the Bay Area, is the Fleming 9 worth a play? Context is I’m doing a little day trip and have some stuff lined up thanks my assistant at the club I work at. Seems like a half decent way to spend some extra hours I might have in the morning

2 Likes

It’s delightful. Take a half set and enjoy the stroll.

3 Likes

Awesome happy to hear that. Location seems ideal even if you guys some of the worst traffic in the nation

That or Gleneagles GC.

That’s fairly debatable…would really matter where you are talking about and when. Los Angeles as a whole is infinitely worse (on most everything, but especially traffic)