Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Welcome! Roddy ranch used to be one of my favorites anywhere

2 Likes

I loved Roddy. Too bad it closed :disappointed:

1 Like

@gfogelgolf played with a few of us in a NorCal Golf Guys event a couple months ago. Cool dude, good player. Good to have you here pal.

3 Likes

Listen, I am from the South and people down there will tell you they have the market cornered on hospitality. I am here to tell you it’s a lie. This crew will make you feel right at home!

I think some of us are trying to arrange some tee times at Presidio that weekend to count toward our season long quota competition - can keep you in the loop if you haven’t got your golf all sorted yet.

We may need to think about planning out some apres golf now too, gang.

2 Likes

You’re officially official!

2 Likes

I’m prob in on that fyi.

2 Likes

Bay Area peeps, after much back and forth and not getting dates we originally wanted, my fiancé and I finally have a date set for Sep 29 next year to tie the knot at SF City Hall. Looking for any recs or ideas for restaurants or spaces to rent out for the party afterwards. Ideally a restaurant space we could buy out for the day so they already have food/booze on hand. Then can turn into a party afterwards. If anyone has any places they know in the city that sound suitable, holler at ya boy. Thanks!

7 Likes

Too good for Tonga Room??

5 Likes

:rofl: don’t threaten us with a good time! It’s actually in the running. No joke

2 Likes

In all seriousness, idk how big your group is but there is a private room in Original Joe’s in North Beach which is a go to for me and my fiancé. Their menu is huge and the food is awesome with great drinks.

4 Likes

My wife and I got married at SF City Hall about 10 years ago and had our reception at the St. Francis Yacht Club – which sounds terribly fancy and expensive but was not. I’d never have inquired based only on the name and its reputation but it was totally reasonable. Plus, they allowed me to bring my own wine (I work in the business and wanted to serve clients’ wines). We got married the same time of year as you have planned and it was 80 degrees and gorgeous out, with killer GG Bridge views.

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out!

1 Like

My sisters law school grad party was there as well. Solid rec!

1 Like

My wife is a wedding planner who does a good amount of City Hall + reception elsewhere weddings - she says the most common reception venues are Wayfare Tavern and Stable Cafe.

1 Like

Awesome thank you for the insight!

oh man wayfare taverns food is a delight

2 Likes

My wife and I got married at Napa GC (Kennedy), previously managed by Wedgewood. Awesome time for all of us. My only point is pick a killer end of the night song, we went with “we are the champions” and it was a moment we will never forget.

2 Likes

The Wreck Room
Jim’s @ The Course

The Bridges

I’ll see myself out now

5 Likes

Wreck room would be a party

2 Likes

In all seriousness I say go with the Tonga room all day

1 Like