Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Windsor is sick.

4 Likes

I would love to play Windsor

1 Like

I love a good silo hole

2 Likes

Just booked a super last minute round while on family vacation for 1:10 this afternoon at Sharp Park. If anyone can join me that would be awesome!

1 Like

Introducing myself as a long-time NLU fan, new member of the Refuge, and resident of Menlo Park. :wave::wave::wave:

I mostly play Half Moon Bay (both courses) with some Baylands, Presidio/Harding and Moffet Field mixed in. Would love to get out with some of you at some point this fall. I saw earlier in the thread that there are some VA transplants in the group; add one more to the list. :blush:

9 Likes

welcome! what part of VA?

Howdy Bay Area friends! Greetings from Chicago!

My wife and I just booked a trip to Wine Country for May 2023- we’re staying in Sonoma, CA and we’ll be doing some vineyard touring but one day I’ll be playing golf- would like to keep green fees to $250 or less. What are your recommendations?

Thanks from the Second City!

1 Like

Thanks! Grew up in Woodbridge (Prince William County). Spent my entire life there up to college. Been in the Bay Area for 11 years now.

You looking to stay close to Sonoma? Or willing to venture out?

Chardonnay in Napa is probably the best, easiest to book spot near where you’ll be. Other good public spots not too far away would include Hiddenbrooke, Eagle Vines (next door to Chardonnay), Rancho Solano and Paradise Valley in Fairfield, and Bennett Valley in Santa Rosa.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to venture anywhere within about a 45 minute driving range (oh god what have I done- pun not intended)

I had read good things about Chardonnay. What about the links at bodega harbor? I couldn’t tell if it was just a ploy to sell houses or a cool course.

Bodega is really good. You can see the ocean from like 14 holes. It’s quirky and it’s fun. I’d go there over Chardonnay.

4 Likes

Fellow Menlo Park resident and Baylands regular; send me your contact info and we can get out for a round sometime.

If you go there you have to double it up with Northwood 9. Those are the rules. :grinning:

7 Likes

Others have already hit the Good spots near Sonoma. If you’re willing to drive to Bodega though I’d definitely do that, like @fullbodyfix says - you are compelled to head up to Northwood for 9 afterward. Just the rules. We didn’t make them.

9 Likes

Awesome. I should play Baylands more; it’s so close. Seems like there’s a decent number of Nest members who meet up there from time to time? Even if not, I’d be up for a round sometime this fall.

2 Likes

Baylands is by far the best golf course in the south bay, lots of the the Nest guys have joined the Palo Alto Golf Club, gets you discounted rates on weekend there. but always down for a game out at baylands

I feel silly saying this, but I hadn’t heard about the Palo Alto Golf Club. Googling it now…

Anyone know what the “exclusive” discounts on NCGA courses are? Are they different from the standard ones you get w/ an NCGA membership (reduced rates at Poppy Hills, e.g.)?

Bayonet & Blackhorse has NCGA member rates