Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

I’m going to do it. But I’m an idiot, so makes sense?

7 Likes

No doubt you’ll have an amazing time, too!

1 Like

I’m sure its going to an amazing event & day of g. My main hesitation was trying to gauge the conditions of the course come October this year. Last year, Marin county issued a water restriction mandate on al l the golf courses only allowing them to water tees, greens & surrounds, so fairways were in pretty rough shape. Grated, that means the course will be baked out & fun but if I recall @GremlinGolfer was out there last Fall so maybe he can attest to how it played.

2 Likes

Played on 10/6/21. It was certainly firm and fast!!! I would anticipate it looking and playing similar for the event.

6 Likes

I played it in October last year and it was like this with almost no grass growth outside of 50 or 75 yards to the greens because of water restrictions. I also played again this spring and the fairways were in much more normal condition with full grass growth (still firm, but not dirt). I don’t know what the rest of the summer will be like in terms of water restrictions, rain, drought resistant maintenance, etc but at least a couple months ago the course was in much better condition than last October.

Let’s just say, I’m not expecting a lot of rain between now and October. Would be shocked if restrictions weren’t put in place.

That being said, it’s still a magical place. Even if it’s a little brown.

3 Likes

Back down in the Bay! Didn’t bring the sticks but had to hit up my favorite spot. PSA: Calarmari Sandwich is now only a secret menu item. Still bomb AF

4 Likes

I’ve only been in winter. Lots of fun.

6 Likes

Marin removed restrictions this spring. Our reservoirs done filled up this winter.

Probably not the brightest move, but they can water.

3 Likes

Anyone want to play Pasatiempo next Monday 7/4? $225 to walk, which is about $120 cheaper than the regular public rate.

3 Likes

What time? @ayc25

12PM. I already booked and prepaid for the cheaper rate. Was going to go with some family members, but we are also playing the day before elsewhere, so two days of golf walking will be a bit tiring for them. @NotADoctor

1 Like

I’m definitely interested, I’ll DM you

1 Like

Two spots left. DM me if interested!

Dang, it’s no Pasa but if anyone wants to play Tilden on the 4th of July at 10:30 I’ve got two spots! Send a DM, hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be playing my little local par 58 on the 4th. It’s no Pasa either, but it’s golf! Enjoy Tilden, Stu.

2 Likes

Fantastic, enjoy it dude !!

Got 3 spots available at Corica Park South at 7:40am on July 4th.

Roll Call on who is going to Chambers for the Olympic Prolific?.. Plans on plans…

3 Likes

Just locked in.

1 Like