Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Welcome to Oakland!! We get out fairly often (nothing fancy) and will have to keep you in mind for future rounds!!
Cheers, tod

3 Likes

Ah yeah tough scene for the age cutoff. It was like 40 or so when I was there for the full 40+ membership and I’m sure they’ve gone up since I was there too with the popularity in golf.

not sure if he still does lessons for non members but their teaching pro Doug is low key great also

Yo @theHamburglar - you need to come back to NorCal not just lurk in the thread :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m back for about a week every quarter! Just been a bit tied up recently

I’ll be back for a week at thanksgiving and possibly august too. We’ll get something lined up!

11 Likes

Awesome. Congrats on the little one!! Definitely let me know when you visit.

2 Likes

I live in Alameda and I try to play just about every weekend so would love to launch em with ya sometime. Next weekend I’m out of town but we will tee it up soon for sure!

Two spots open tomorrow at Monarch, 11:06.

Appreciate it, Tod! Looking forward to it as well.

1 Like

Sounds good, I’m around most weekends coming up, definitely would love to get out there soon.

Is anybody in this thread doing the NCGA outing at Diablo country club on Monday June 27th? Or know anything that’s participating? I’m doing it solo, but wouldn’t mind the linking up with some Refugees or Refuge adjacent folks… Group sign ups open tomorrow at noon

1 Like

I’m not. But this is a great idea. I won’t be able to make it but I’ve heard good things about the renovation there.

1 Like

An awesome evening with a bunch of cool dudes at Gleneagles last night! I’m sitting here going through emails looking forward to the next time I can get out on the course with you guys again. Thanks @GremlinGolfer for getting it all set up, this was a much needed mid-week escape for me!

Highlights:
-Small brush fire across the street as we teed off (seems it was contained)
-Pepper
-Deciding to go solo blind on #4 and cold topping my tee shot to get way behind in Wolf (lowlight?)
-On 8 deciding to pump it up to 4X, hitting it to 10ft, going alone and making the birdie to dig myself out of the hole in Wolf
-Dylan making the up and down of the century from the dirt path left of 9 green to win the final hole on Heath’s 5X hole
-Firecrackers behind the clubhouse after we finished to celebrate the round

12 Likes

@ProbablyPunting and I did the NCGA day there last year and the place was amazing, true old school vibes from the golden age of golf architecture

sorry I missed it! Great turnout!

1 Like

I was actually like “wtf, where is Dan?!”

You should have been there bro, high winds, smoke screens, and sun in the eyes. Epic.

1 Like

I saw the Fried Egg is hosting an event at the Meadow Club in October. It’s $1,650/twosome for 36 holes. I’d love to take my dad out there, but that’s steep. Is it worth it? Doubt I’d ever have a connection to get on there anytime soon.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s expensive. It’s a world class course and the company should be great plus a tee gift or so but you need to decide if it’s worth $400 a round or not. I was going to sign up but $825 for two rounds just doesn’t feel worth it to me. I’m fortunate I can probably pull some strings otherwise and get out there for cheaper than that .

1 Like

I feel like most of us in the bay area put that event on our calendars and then all took it off once we saw the price. I havent played Meadow club yet but idk if its worth 400$ a round

3 Likes

Meadow Club is near the top of my desired list of courses to play, but I would muuuch rather play it once for $425, than twice for $850. That would put it in the maybe category, as opposed to the fuck off category.

Also if I was paying that much I would choose to play in the beautiful green hills of spring, instead of the brown hills of fire season. I guess you take what you can get, though!

1 Like

One thing to point out is the second round is alt shot too.

2 Likes