Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Carlmont! I forget where Mills played, maybe Green Hills, they were in a lower division but Burlingame played at Burlingame CC

You guys came up to Crystal Springs from Carlmont?!? Hopefully just for tournaments and not every day for practice…

Cap played at Green Hills, but that was back in the day, I graduated in '85.

2 Likes

Really?!? :wink:

I never realized there was a golf course that close to school until much later- didn’t really get in to golf until college.

Practice too! There’s not much golf in San Carlos/ Belmont area so that’s about as close as it could get

Yup, unfortunately, I didn’t play then either.

What’s up all, joined the nest a little while ago and first time poster… I’m out in Redwood City.

5 Likes

Another former carlmont golfer. Welcome Pete!

1 Like

Haha I would loosely consider myself a Carlmont Golfer, but nice to say hello B.

1 Like

Hey Pete - welcome to the fray!

1 Like

Last call for my spot at the NCGA Lake Merced member-for-a-day, otherwise I need to submit my cancellation this week. Info is here 2021 Member Outing - Lake Merced GC #1 (SOLD OUT; WAITLIST ONLY) Event :: Master Roster Registration

8/2, $200, includes cart, lunch, tee prize.

1 Like

Welcome pete! RWC here too - lmk if you want to grab a game at Baylands.

2 Likes

Will do man! Bout to have my first kid but as soon as I am capable again, I will hit you up for a round.

1 Like

Hey everyone - Long time NLU fan but new to the boards. Pete and Giles, I’m in RWC as well, just moved out here a couple months ago from Chicago. I’m definitely in for a round at Baylands in the near future!

Seems like the tee sheets anywhere on the peninsula are always jam packed. Never had to work this hard for a tee time in Chicago!

3 Likes

Welcome! Yes, tee times are absolutely horrid these days. #ShrinkTheGame

Baylands with a Palo Alto residence is a good deal, for the rest of us it’s way overpriced I think. That said I haven’t been out there in quite some time.

Where in Chicago were you? I went to grad school down in Hyde Park and @hwb is also a former Chicago resident as well as @leric90 – probably others, too. Chicago is awesome, but the weather out here is JUST a wee bit better.

4 Likes

Back in Chicago!

2 Likes

Well there you go! Had no idea. Good to get back there for peak humidity (but Chicago in the summer is awesome if those street fairs and festivals are back post-COVID)…

1 Like

Bucktown/Logan Square circa 2009 here.

1 Like

Yeah I can’t argue with the weather, it’s been exceptional here! Like 80 and sunny almost every day… that’s a far cry from the 40s and rainy in Chi town in April

I was in Lincoln Park - right near the Armitage brown line stop. Absolutely loved it for ~5 years. Walking distance from Cafe Baba Reeba, I could stumble home after weekend brunch sangrias

My weekend brunch place up there was either Stanley’s (that Bloody Mary bar) or Salt N Pepper out in Wrigleyville I think. It’s been some time… love Chicago