Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Yeah it’s gonna suck. If it does happen I imagine that everywhere else will boost their greens fees too. That along with Quail supposedly getting bought out by their members next year to go fully private/resort guests only is gonna make low cost public play tight around here

I feel like the chances are pretty good that it does happen. Just got this ad on Instagram.

Ah they’ve been trying to build that for years. I kinda hope they do so it doesn’t look so depressing in spots. Some places it feels like the housing crash happened in ‘08 and they just left everything

1 Like

I have a time at Spanos Park on Sunday, 1:10 pm. DM me if you are interested.

1 Like

I have a time at Dryden Park in the Central Valley at 9:50 Saturday…

2 Likes

Hey guis - still a couple spots open for this Saturday’s Golf Performance Workshop here in the city. Refuge discount 25% use code flash25off (details in link) - DM me with questions.

1 Like

Yea… long overdue to pandemic… not sure about the $65 though. I guess I get it… I’m a penny pincher, so I don’t always trust my thoughts. Hard to imagine its on par with the Preserve which is similar pricing points at 13 holes.

Ummm, The Preserve is $100 at the cheapest time of the year. And given that the full courses at Bandon are half the price of Pebble (or less), this seems like a relative deal.

@auribe14 Ummm, the Preserve $100 at the most expensive time of year. I was going to respond to @TheHonChiefJustice yesterday, but then I did the math. The average price for the Preserve over the entire year is $80. Considering you get 4 more holes at the Preserve (44% more golf), the Preserve is a better deal on average. At peak prices, ($100 vs $65), they seem to be on par on price.

That said, when you are on a golf trip, an extra $65-$100 for a cool experience with buddies is not a huge deal because at that point it’s about the experience anyways.

3 Likes

My bad, looked at the wrong line… You are correct.

But still a deal versus full price on the big course…

1 Like

Will the hay be free if you play one of the other courses earlier in the day? I’ve played the preserve 4 or 5 times and only paid for it once…based on my impressions of how pebble operates I assume they won’t have a similar ‘3rd round is free’ model

Edit: 50% off for a replay it looks like. I assume that includes the other courses but not sure.

1 Like

That’s what I was getting at… but here’s the rate sheet for the Preserve… Honestly, all I was saying is I’m a penny pincher… thus I don’t trust my instincts! As in… Let go and let gov when it comes to an experience. But if memory serves the Hay was like $10 or $15 before. 50% off replay helps…

Also if you only play one 18-hole course, you don’t get a discount on the Preserve if it’s your second “round” in case folks aren’t clear. (And don’t worry about it anyway, it’s beyond awesome.)

1 Like

You get the Preserve free if it’s your third round?

2 Likes

Any 3rd round is free!

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s free but it’s discounted. But not if it’s just your second roudn which is how I’ve done it and will do it in September.

2 Likes

third round is free i believe.

also took my gf who is learning the game to the preserve a couple weeks ago when we were driving through Oregon. $50 and we had the entire course to ourselves

10 Likes

Giles comin in with the pile drive flex. Sheesh

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure if Preserve was free as well. Good to know! Biggest regret from my trip a couple years ago was missing the Preserve (went 2x BD and PD, and then Trails and OM solo in 3 days in October).

2 Likes