Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

I would love to convince myself that $475 is doable for Pebble, but I think I’m going to show some rare self-restraint.

But I played both Spanish Bay and Spyglass due to these deals and they are SO GOOD. Spyglass is off-the-charts amazing.

2 Likes

Mega update on Corica Park NIT Qualifier:

3 Likes

I got myself a Spyglass gift and I am stoked about it. Any tips?

1 Like

Dont hit it in the rough especially now that the rains have come back down here. Other than that just do your best to enjoy every step. Really fun golf course with some really great shots

1 Like

first 4 holes are the best on the course and some of the best anywhere, so try and make sure you’re warmed up and awake for them!

1 Like

That back nine is pretty special in its own right. I think you are probably right about the first four holes but the back nine has some of the greatest holes I’ve played recently. #16 in particular is tremendous.

2 Likes

pray for no wind & definitely enjoy the first 4. ignore the very artificial-looking ponds that are there for some reason :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone else run into issues making tee times? Stayed up till midnight to get a Sunday time @ baylands and everything was gone before 1:30 the minute to clocked turned.

2 Likes

I had the same thing for Saturday :man_shrugging:t3:

You guis see thegolfhawk’s story on IG about someone falsely claiming a course record at HMB?
Anyone know the whole story?

1 Like

@kmitani @giles I had that happen one time when there was a tournament so the whole morning was unavailable

Ya - thought this might be it. If you guys aren’t yet, would recommend looking at the Palo Alto Golf Club. I just joined, in part because it’s a way to lock down morning tee times. Have played in one event so far, which was fun.

@bw72 @hwb @cachaulo are all part of it I believe.

2 Likes

Saw the story, was wondering as well if someone know the details.

1 Like

In the event anyone is looking to play Tilden in the near future it’s extremely soggy. I played yesterday morning and it was not ideal. Hitting off mats on at least 4 tee boxes, balls pugging, half the 14th green is GIR cause it’s so wet, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @Tizz. Ya there’s been mats on 4 and 14 for a few weeks unfortunately. The course survived a couple rains last month, but any sort of sustained rain wrecks the course for a month or two. Looks like I’m in for a treat on Sunday :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So you know what you are in for :rofl:

Shot into 14 plugged just a bit

1 Like

@Tizz out here trying to kill off any remaining dinosaurs. C’mon man.

2 Likes

Hey Everyone… hope you’re as well as can be. Upon the suggestion of @McSchvantz… just wanted to say hi. Good talk see you out there.

9 Likes

:wave:t3:

I hope I hit it that close on 14 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: