Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Don’t worry, I missed the birdie putt :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Don’t be shy. We’re an active bunch of golf weirdos. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Played it Super Bowl Sunday just before Pandemic… at least I think shutdowns hadn’t started, blurry. 18 mph that day… was awesome except for the 3 holes dead into wind.

Tilden was actually relatively ok on the front (except 8 was kinda messy), but the back was pretty sloppy. The 14th green is hilarious. I hit it just past the ground under repair, but everyone else just took auto two putt.

They’re actually only going to have the 14th hole open Fri-Sun now, with hole 2b replacing it Mon-Thurs.

1 Like

Yeah 14 is bad. I’ve never actually seen the alternate hole in play. I assume it’s the drop shot par 3 after the 2nd hole?

Yup that’s the one.

Have asked this question before, but since a bunch of new folks have joined, going to ask again. Anyone know of a good putting coach in the area?

Have got a guy I’m happy with for swing (Greg Coplin), but looking from some who specializes in putting.

Afternoon y’all, my wife and I are planning a last minute getaway and Sonoma/Napa is on our list of cities as a possible place. Neither of us have been before, and wanted to get a word from those somewhat local to the area if it’s worth visiting right now with COVID restrictions.

No. Well I guess it kinda depends but below shows the current restrictions. Can’t go wine tasting and can’t eat in restaurants at the moment

https://www.visitnapavalley.com/coronavirus/

I live in Napa and I’d say now isn’t the best time. Everything is shut down.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I’d make a few calls to the Mendocino Coast… the upcoming weather looks epic. You’ve got Sea Ranch and Little River as well.

2 Likes

Re: club fitting

I’ve seen the references to Kepler’s and Club Champion above. Anyone have any experience with Cool Clubs at Mariner’s Point?

An anecdote on Club Champ for fitting. One of my best buddies has a great hookup at Taylormade, and get’s a hefty discount. So, he wanted to get fitted, but wanted to limit his fitting clubs he could order through TMs custom shop.

It ended up being bust, because of the ~35 iron shaft options TM offers in their custom shop, Club Champ carried 1. He said that while he believed the clubs they carried were probably all great, he also felt like it was a bit of a trap, because they were all so uncommon/upscale, it really pushes you towards getting a set built through them.

This isn’t necessarily a bad thing - but just a flag to say there’s a reasonable probability you get fit into something you can’t go nab at The Golf Mart or The Silk Road.

4 Likes

I’m getting a brand new TM Flex Tech Lite from Taylormade from warranty and need to sell it before I head back to the east coast. You pick the color, $150 to anyone in the bay area!

Not sure about Club Champions… But I have been fitted by Kepler’s a few different times. (Driver, Wedges) Bill Kepler is great. I highly recommend.

Hello folks,

Swung by after watching some of the NLU videos… Getting back into golf after a couple year hiatus and looking for a playing partner or two and/or a standing game. Love to play any of the city courses, or HMB.

2 Likes

Welcome in! Lots of people always looking to play here. Give us a shout. I play Harding (the most), as well as presidio, sharp, corica, and would absolutely love to hit up hmm ocean anytime.

cheers

1 Like

oh and we’re hosting the first ever NIT qualifier at Corica 3/7/21 if you’re interested.

1 Like

great way to meet the ‘regular’ crew and newbies alike.