Roll Call: Austin/San Antonio

I wasn’t invited!

1 Like

Love the Turkey Shoot idea but I agree with @jbpayne32, Masters weekend is a tough sell for me. What about the following weekend? I’m in for either day (21st or 22nd).

1 Like

Plum Creek has an event going on the 21 (Their Turkey Shoot). Putting up a list to check how many people want to attend the already planned 14th. I’m ok with golfing with any amount of NLU hitters, from 1 - whatever.

Forgot to page @cgroom @chitwood

Thought about it & I’m going to be glued to the TV on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday for The Masters. One day away won’t kill me. Also, it’s 2020, not like I can’t check in, or even watch, on my damn phone. I’m in for the 14th. Signing up now.

1 Like

Moving from just outside Seattle to just outside Austin so glad this popped up. Played college golf at UTSA so familiar with some SA courses like Oak Hills, La Cantera, and Pecan Valley (RIP).

1 Like

Thanks for pinging me. Don’t think I can make it, as I will be headed to San Antonio to begin moving my daughter home from Trinity for the semester.

1 Like

Hey guys! just started reading the book “Better Faster” for improving your game. if anyone is interested it’s a pretty good short read (recommended by @imsocrabby).

the content has a couple tests to gauge your baseline talent/skill so you can start working toward improving. I converted those table to a google sheet document full of nerd formatting and data validation. feel free to use them if you find them useful!

Putting Test

Standard Swing Test

Wedge Test

2 Likes

Thanks for the ping. I’m in. Fingers crossed that my back doesn’t get messed up between now and then.

I’m actually going to be missing out on the 14th. I have to work all day.

Ok, we’ve got one empty spot. Let me know if you guys want to bring a second @cgroom @CourseMismanagement

Can’t do Plum Creek this weekend but if anyone wants to meet up in Austin over the next couple of weeks let me know. I still haven’t made my way to Austin for golf.

2 Likes

If you have one empty spot, I could probably do it.

I’ve got to drop, again. I had to skip my round at Pebble this morning because my back just won’t hold up.

2 Likes

You’re in!

Thanks, I edited the doc. Do you have the tee time(s)?

@ObscureReference @CourseMismanagement tee time is at 7:40 AM. Going to ask a buddy if he wants to join in.

1 Like

No luck with anyone in my contact list, let me know if either of you have a buddy interested in coming, otherwise I’m going to give the tee time back to the club.

Would that mean three of us, or calling it off altogether?

I mean, just three of us and then opening up the slot for some rando.

1 Like