Roll Call: Austin/San Antonio

I’m down for Sunday at 2. May be coming sideways and worse for the wear from a Saturday wedding, but I want to be there.

2 Likes

How did Sunday golf go? Also, what the hell is with this weather?

Alright ladies and gents, gauging interest in a NLU golf meetup at Plum Creek Golf Course in Kyle for 14 or 15 November. The Central Texas Turkey Shoot?

3 Likes

we’re doing golf this sunday at Forest Creek

i’ll be out of town Nov 14/15 for the Ringer but y’all have at it!!!

can’t wait to play some with everyone here.

1 Like

Did a wedge fitting with Bobby this summer, then added a 5W and 4H today. I can’t recommend him highly enough.

1 Like

I’m in for the 14th.

2 Likes

lets do it

2 Likes

TBC ringer?

1 Like

yes

where are they playing it this year?

sweetens cove. also know as my favorite place on earth.

still trying to convince the wife that going there is essential to my mental health

1 Like

I should be able to do the 14th.

1 Like

keep an eye on Southwest flight to nashville. last year I did a there and back in the same day.

siiiiiiiick.

1 Like

Ok. Legit question. I find it hard to believe that sweetens is as good as it is. Maybe it’s because I don’t understand how a 9 hole course can provide enough variety. What is the draw in 3 bullet points.

i totally get what you’re saying…however…Sweetens Cove is the most fun I have had on a golf course in the 30+ years i’ve played golf. Here’s why:

1. While there are only 9 holes, the layout and greens (with two pins on each) offer you numerous different ways to play each hole. There isn’t one way… there are literally 15+ …and none of them are wrong. I’ve played 52 holes in a day once and every single trip around was different than the one before it.

2. While it is so much fun to play, it’s also incredibly beautiful to look at and experience. RobCollins and Tad King are absolute artists.

3. It’s a 9 hole public course that is conditioned like a Top 100 regulation length championship course. I’ve played a quarter of the top 100 courses in the US and Sweetens Cove is in better condition day in/out than some of. them. I played The Honors in July and Sweetens blew it out of the water.

Bonus: the people. holy wow what a crew. they get it…what golf is supposed to be. my two favorite golf courses/experiences if I had to play somewhere every single day for the rest of my life…Sweetens Cove and Goat Hill Park. no question.

2 Likes

When you says it’s that different, does the pin placement even influence the tee shot? Obviously the approach but does it ever got boring standing on the same tee box each time?

Conditioning totally makes sense and would have been enough of a selling point for me. Tired of playing shit greens.

pin position DEFINITELY dictates tee shot. and there are multiple tee boxes so every single time you loop it, myriad of options. and we haven’t even covered the cross country options.

you’ve never seen greens like these.

Oh interesting. That changes my thoughts then.

#Believer

Let’s talk al things sweetens Sunday.

1 Like

That’s Masters weekend…

3 Likes