Roll Call: Austin/San Antonio

Anyone interested in playing in San Antonio Friday afternoon 12/2? In town from Wisconsin

I can get a tee time at the TPC if you’re still looking

1 Like

Let’s do it! Sending you message

just moved to austin last week from chicagoland.

played a couple of the munies thus far. they were fine (clay and lions).

love the city so far. don’t love the golf. good public options seem scarce.

i get the muni vibe. i enjoy it. but those courses are in such poor shape, it’s hard to consider them good.

anyone got any recommendations?

thanks all. and let me know if someone wants to tee it up post holidays.

3 Likes

Can’t help with Austin recommendations unfortunately, but there are a couple places here in San Antonio that have non-resident memberships if that’s something you’d be interested in.

1 Like

Good public golf in Austin is easy to find. Just hop in your car and head to San Antonio.

8 Likes

Also @DANKEGAN we have an active Roost in Austin / San Antonio / Houston. I’ll send you a PM with the discord link.

I put up with just about anything so I don’t think Austin muni is that bad. I walked mixer this morning at 7am and it was beyond pleasant and the greens are in pretty incredible shape.

Mo Willy is also great. I do love south of town now and Plum creek in Kyle is nice!

2 Likes

If you are interested in a small CC to join. Come take a look at Onion Creek, we have a great Sunday group that gets around 5-10 tee times with our own end of the year Ryder Cup.

Disclaimer, Onion is in South Austin and that isn’t a great drive if you’re north.

1 Like

Picked some great weather to move here. :joy:. I am a member at Great Hills in NW Austin and happy to have you out just to play or if you have any interest in joining.

1 Like

thanks for the info. and thanks for the offer.

I’m gonna do some research.

Good evening! Moved to the area a couple of years ago, I live in the Lakeway area and like playing the courses northwest of here like Lago Vista, Point Venture, Crystal Springs, and Delaware Springs. I have limited time to play due to school but would love to meet new people who enjoy NLU and laid back rounds of golf!

5 Likes

Sounds like you need to be a member of the STROHs Roost!

We have a lot of great people in and around Austin and I know there are a lot of us who like to get out to Delaware Springs when we can.

5 Likes

do the STROHs have any merch??? would love a sticker and or tee… would be willing to trade and or buy from yall…

I’ve got hats and stickers available now … will have tees in about two weeks. Also happy to share the logo file if you want to do something yourself as well.

Hats are $25 + shipping (shipping is BRUTAL right now). If you buy a hat, I"ll throw in some tees + a sticker for free, those costs are rounding errors.

1 Like

You using Pirate Ship? If not, that’s the cheat code to shipping for cheap

2 Likes

been here 4 months and can’t say enough good things about the public golf. Mo Willy might be the best $35 golf course in America.

1 Like

Mo Willy is kind of my home course, and I like it a lot, but I wouldn’t go anywhere near that far. I think you need to suffer through a period of bad Mo Willy greens before making that pronouncement. And from what I saw last week, you may not have to wait long.

5 Likes

they were a bit shaggy on monday for sure. don’t think the rain and cold did them any favors. the fall was fantastic.

I still have hats at my house. I think 2 or 3, you want me to bring them to the Sixers on Ice?

1 Like