Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Just looked on their website…I mean it looks kinda stinky.

Grew up playing it and still play it often. Some of the best (and hardest) greens in georgia for public golf. The layout if kinda intimidating but if you keep it between the proverbial mustard and mayo its a lot of fun. Take extra club than you think on all uphill approaches (1, 11, 13, etc). Drive on 9 aim over the rock…its a blind drive and the fairway is more left than you’d think. Yes, 8 sucks. 4i, 6i, pitch over the last ravine. 17 is the wettest fairway in golf. Doesn’t matter if theyve had rain…don’t chunk it. The play on 18 become obvious as you get there…the intended layout is absolutely stupid. Hit your 2nd right of the tree going for the green in two (same for the par-5 14)

3 Likes

Hey guys - have been playing a lot more now that I’m working from home, and starting to think it may be more cost effective to join a club. Could definitely use some recommendations. I just turned 30 and hover around a 9 handicap.

I’ve played Eagles Landing, so considering that… also did some googling and read up on Rivermont and Berkely Hills since they’re relatively close to where I live (east Atlanta) + not super pricey.

Anyone played either of those courses recently? Anything else that should be on my radar?

3 Likes

If you’re thinking of joining, location has to play a huge role. Especially since everywhere in Atlanta is an hour away from Atlanta.

Which course can you get to easily enough that you won’t think “I don’t feel like driving over there today”?

Rivermont is amazing, btw. When you get on the course you forget you’re in a metro area. Haven’t played Berkeley Hills but I’ve heard good things.

Welcome!

Rivermont and Berkely Hills are where I’d spend my time looking. Go check them out…very different courses (Berkely is very tight with amazing greens, Rivermont is unique and a stunning layout). Both great options.

1 Like

Hear you on location 100%. My closest course (other than the city ones) at the moment is probably Heritage and tbh I’m over that course. Way too crowded now and too many gimmicky holes - though the greens have been in good shape lately. Would be willing to drive an extra 10-15 min just to have a home track that I like.

Thanks for the tips - will check out both Rivermont and Berkely Hills.

PREACH

1 Like

Fun course. The changes on 18 really softened the finish but still a fun way to wrap up the round. Hole #8… I have nothing nice to say about that.

1 Like

I used to be a member at Berkeley before I moved with the wife and joined Indian Hills. Berkeley is a solid course, always in great shape. It’s really not that tight. Not much quirk to it I don’t think either. I found it a bit harder to get into some of the groups that play a lot compared to Indian Hills. I was about at 12 index when I joined there and now I’m closing in on a 5. So that may explain part of it. Lots of good golfers at Berkeley but the social scene afterwards is not as strong. Some people don’t mind that though.

I hit off of the mats on Monday morning and was wondering if they ever planned on opening the grass this year. Just got this email:

1 Like

NEW rates, ya say?

1 Like

Although, unsurprisingly, on queue, the information is not updated on the website.

Give credit, take credit. I hope for better, but end up bitter every damn time

3 Likes

Very excited about the par 3 course being open. $10 for a 10 hole loop.

5 Likes

I would 100% agree here. They have dabbled with how to open this seemingly forever. Charging felt like a no brainer. I was the point of, “take my money, I just want to play/practice”

Come play fox creek in Smyrna. About a buck a hole walking. Mostly 3s and a couple short 4s

1 Like

what the fuck.

4 Likes

This is for hitting on any part of the range? Unlimited balls?

No idea! That isn’t on there. I would assume that it is for the’full’ bucket of 70 balls, which means price went up overall.

It’s not clear if the south tees are going to be open for reserved times or just open.

You’re almost better off bringing 70 of your own balls.

3 Likes

definitely the per bucket rate. annoying it did go up overall. the $11 off peak rate was good while it lasted…