Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Morning.

Had the opportunity to play Arrowhead Pointe recently and must say, we were impressed. If you don’t mind the 2 hr+ drive from Atlanta, it is definitely worth your time. Good front nine that works it’s way through the woods with fun and challenging shots. When you make your way to the back, that’s where you get your best lake holes.

4 Likes

some mega Legacy at Lanier vibes going on here

3 Likes

What was Legacy on Lanier before it reopened in 2009? I played the old course in 2002 or so and I forget. There used to be 2 courses there, IIRC. A Joe Lee and a Gary Player course? One of them associated with the hotel?

Good eye. One thing I liked about Arrowhead vs Lanier - not as many forced carries.

Thats good to hear its more balanced. Need to get up there to check it out!

Arrowhead is a crazy course. Definitely requires course knowledge about where to aim, where the best layups are, etc. We play a Ryder-Cup style match against them every year… one of our most fun events.

1 Like

Didn’t see this before I went but Chad really was just an all around great guy. Spent an hour with me and went over a lot of my questions I had about buying used clubs and gave me some recommendations. Would recommend

1 Like

Apparently the Sweetens bourbon isn’t entirely “Tennessee only.” Just got a post that Big A bottle shop in Marietta has 2 of them if anyone wants to drop $200.

Edit: can’t read…they have 2, not 4.

1 Like

Shiiiiit. Think I’ll temper my wokeness to $100 H&B polos.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, where’s everyone playing this weekend?

Myself, I’m using my green card for Wolf Creek on Saturday. What could go wrong?

@mearley44 and I are at City Club Sunday AM.

might sneak in 9 tonight if the weather cooperates. Lot of 50/50 weather and very full tee sheets this weekend.

2 Likes

Cobblestone Sunday morning. Bright and early. 7:20am

1 Like

Solid day at Sweetens with friends. Even found this hidden gem left in the ground on #9 tee box…

Uploading: E3B5771F-47DE-4F9B-B4B9-5C618137B05C.jpeg…

4 Likes

What time are you out? Just booked as a single at 7:10.

We’re at 8

Nice… If you see a BCN hat, say hi.

Didn’t see this til now!

Did you play the first 9 in like an hour? I remember walking up to 1 green, so probably 8:05ish and seeing a single teeing off on nine and wondering how early that guy had gotten out.

No, I wish…got paired with 3 guys. It was a nice day to play, but getting toasty by the end.

Playing Cherokee Run Sunday for the first time with a buddy. Anyone have any advice or comments on the track?

Many people don’t like the 8th hole.

2 Likes