Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Agreed, not a good look for them to even be open at this point (or after the SIP begins for real tomorrow).

4 Likes

wow, fascinating.

That’s crazy, I got out at BJ today. Surprising what happens to the pace of play when everyone’s walking. I get what y’all are saying though, it’s on the edge of not being worth it. The other part of me thinks that if corona can live on the “touch points” in this pollen then we are screwed anyways.

1 Like

Stacey Abrams probably wouldn’t have allowed it.

1 Like

Georgia.gov has a FAQ on the order.

2 Likes

I haven’t played in a few weeks primarily due to Coronavirus, but at this point I’m saying Eff It and heading out tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m having a lot of mixed feelings about golfing. I spent 3 weeks at home and ended up traveling back to Alabama after being symptom free for that period. My dad’s home course is open. You can walk to 1, there are zero touch points on the entire golf course, then you can walk back to your car after 18. You never have to even see another person. Slightly different because its private, but I mean, I can’t really imagine a safer activity if you are solo. Even playing with my Dad, you don’t ever have to get near even 10 feet.

That said, there are some groups of older folks obviously not taking it seriously on the course. And you can still take carts. But i’m not playing with those folks.

So, i don’t know. Strange times and hard to figure out what’s right and what isn’t.

1 Like

the biggest thing for me is how its 100% against the sentiment of sheltering in place and STAYING HOME. it feels against the collective fight to not spread this thing and that’s what i struggle with the most.

1 Like

Is it though? Every doctor and govt says it is ok to exercise outside during SIP. Some have said no golf, others say it’s fine. Where do you draw the line if you are staying safe and within the distancing guidelines? Is golfing by yourself better than running on the beltline? Probably. Is running in your neighborhood better than golfing with 4 people? Probably. Genuine question. I don’t know the right answer

1 Like

for sure, i don’t know the answer either. I get the exception of it, I think the broader terms of only leaving for essential reasons (groceries, pharmacy, etc) has me thinking it’s silly for country clubs to still be open. But that’s just me

1 Like

Hello fellow ATLiens. It is a mix bag of being safe but also trying to get out and stay sane during these times. I’m heading out to Summer Grove tomorrow for the first time and I was curious what yall thought of the place. Looks like a good value course.

Take it easy on a newbie btw. Cheers!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Exactly how I feel about all of this. While I’m dying to swing a golf club, it feels wrong for me to go play during the shelter in place rules. If only I was a northerner who had an excuse for an indoor setup before all of this…

1 Like

If you feel bad about playing golf right now you’re watching too much TV.

3 Likes

Dude, outdoor exercise is good. Doctors recommend it. The Governor approved it. Don’t feel guilty about it if you can maintain proper distancing.

1 Like

Played Summer Grove this afternoon. Greens were punch relatively recently but I actually enjoyed the course. Only hole that felt dumb was 11 but definitely could see myself playing there again this year.

if this is what it takes to get golf to be viewed as exercise (how the UK views the game) instead of pounding beers with buds in carts, I’m all for that. Hopefully this gets more people walking atleast.

1 Like

Or the worst… groups of 1 to a cart…

Yup. Maybe its because I didn’t play much when i was younger and drank excessively, but never understood just going out there to get blasted.

it’s great exercise. i have a whoop band and the cardio strain i get from walking 18 in 3 hours is generally the same i get from a 1 hr bike ride or 45 minute run.