Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

I have to say I was impressed by how they were running things. Never got that close to anyone, not staff not players. I am now a generational driver of the ball so that is nice.

Joins us Saturday if you can. Gonna be a blasty blast.

1 Like

Aight I’ve been couped up inside enough. I’ll join Saturday.

1 Like

Somewhat related - that $45 reserved, grass range experience doesn’t sound so bad these days…

3 Likes

Wife’s 30th birthday is Saturday…sounds like the MEGA doghouse. Enjoy gents.

4 Likes

Played out at BJGC today. Kudos to them for at least staying open. Their exempt officially because they’re owned by the state… (from what they said)

Teed off at 4:30 for 18 (first mistake) made the turn at 6:45… super slow pace… I was riding, cart shuts down on 1, proshop says it was a system error and I shouldn’t have been signed up for 18. Luckily got a rain check on the 9…

Also, allegedly been told that the cart price is baked into the greens fees because the carts were donated to the foundation…

So are they implying they don’t charge extra for carts? Or in accepting of the gift of the carts, they’re contractually obligated to charge everyone for a cart?

I don’t know how to feel about this. I think I’d rather have them privately lobby to stay open than write an open letter…

The implication to me is that they aren’t charging for the cart.

1 Like

Exactly, they aren’t charging for the cart allegedly. April 1st they’re going walking only and it’s same prices they’d charge for a cart, at least this early in the week ahead.

After 2 months of rain, things have dried up for the pollen onslaught from hell. Miserable sitting inside, miserable going outside.

2 Likes

The air is yellow outside my house. I still don’t want it to rain because I’m so sick of rain, but the air is yellow. It’s like someone put a yellow filter on my windows.

And if you sneeze in public, you should probably admit yourself to the hospital or be beaten to death by an angry horde.

3 Likes

People around me seem to know sneezing is not a major symptom of COVID, and it’s allergy season. We talked about it while spaced appropriately apart at the driving range last week.

And now I have data to show why I’m having one of the worst springs I’ve had in years.

2 Likes

Will probably be higher tomorrow.

Claritin and Allergen eye drops 30 min-1 hour before round. Good to go. Stay hydrated.

And we’re back to quote tweeting ourselves minutes after the original. also, when does it become not okay, to stay open when the entire state has been put under shelter in place. I get the roundabout way of being owned by the state to avoid the Atlanta ordinance.

And yes I have visited BJGC since then… but maybe now it’s time to close it down.

Is that it? Feels like its because they’re no longer government owned is why they’re exempt.

But also yeah, think I’m out on golfing for a while. Enjoyed scratching the itch last weekend, but came out thinking it wasn’t a worthwhile risk.

**Also I use the word golfing. Fight me.

1 Like

Yeah, i felt the same way. I trust that you, @RangerB, and @jcm3 are doing your part, but seeing how many people were out playing plus how many people were on the northside beltine made me oddly uncomfortable.

3 Likes