Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Those are far out, RIP Grand Slam by Emory in Decatur. Was nothing special, but a great location. https://www.yelp.com/biz/grand-slam-golf-and-baseball-decatur

1 Like

Anyone have a pseudo-standing tee time at Candler? I play there pretty often and wouldn’t mind meeting up with some refugees on a regular basis.

Now they’re townhomes for transplants .

Had a few lessons there growing up as it was the closest facility to my parents neighborhood

1 Like

Nothing standing, but I have been thinking about trying to get out there early on Mondays or Fridays when I work from home. Would be interested in trying to play early those days or evenings when I am not traveling.

Yea brah . Next time I’m home visiting fam , down for a chill 9 at Candler

i play there frequently too (live a couple blocks away), i’m the guy with the callaway hyperlite carry bag and the no laying up towel, say hi

I live up in roswell and would love to join if we can play it out more than day of. Just need to account for the time to get down there

Any of the clubcorp courses down near peachtree city worth playing (whitewater, white oak, flat creek, planterra, braelinn)?

Can’t remember if this is the exact thread or not, but I believe there is mention of several of the Club Corp courses down there. I think they’re all suppose to be pretty good, but I have no personal experience.

Anyone have recommendations for a swing instructor?

I have had four lessons, but I think the pro tapped out his desire or ability to help me beyond the basics. Looking for an instructor that can work with me and help me understand, and not just tell me off-the-shelf fixes and watch me hit balls.

I’ve worked with Jason Kuiper at Bobby Jones Golf Course and would absolutely recommend him. I understand my swing more than I ever have and game has vastly improved.

3 Likes

Will second trying to hit up the pros at Bobby Jones. I work with Justin Martin there, and he’s fantastic. Early 30’s, a fun person to be practicing with and a great coach. Seeing big improvements in my game.

2 Likes

Huge fan of Bobby Jones. Have probably averaged 9 holes a week / every other week there since it opened last November. There isn’t a more interesting, well maintained public track in Atlanta worth going to anymore, in my opinion. And they’ve started doing double pins so the monotony of playing the same 9 is broken up a little (not that it bothered me much to begin with).

Walking twilight rate has been a gamechanger. Weekly Friday routine to leave work at 5:30 and get in 9 that evening. The lack of a walking rate otherwise is frustrating. Not a fan of paying for others Shark Experience but as long as I can get a rate around $60, I think the course is worth it on the weekend and I’ll walk if its a reasonable temp. Once it gets higher than that, I try to stay away.

I think Magnolia is the 9 you’re supposed to like more and will the first few times - probably the most fun holes with No. 2,4, and 8, but Azalea just grows on you with every loop and is more complete top to bottom.

1 Like

Agreed that Azalea is the superior routing. The two par 5’s (5 and 9) on Magnolia are just a little awkward, compounded by the fact that there is a forced carry approach.

Are they ever going to get rid of that weird city of Atlanta GUR on Magnolia 5? Or is that permanent?

1 Like

Remember hearing by EOY at one point. Definitely not permanent.

1 Like

You really can’t go wrong with any of them. Flat Creek might be my least favorite but they are all solid tracks.

Ended up playing White Oak and Planterra. White Oak had some work going on and the greens were punched (I did know this going on). Planterra was definitely the nicer of the 2. One of the guys I played with at Planterra lived on Flat Creek and says it’s the worst of the bunch and he never plays there.

Really enjoyed my round at Planterra…due to lack of traffic, those are usually a better CC choice than the ones up north.

Anyone ever interested in wolf Hammer at Wolf Creek, shout out.

Have a handful of players seasoned in the Wolf Hammer rules and that course makes for a fun round because its a “big ballpark” with out too much trouble.

2 Likes