Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

It’s worth it. My only gripe is they need to have a walking rate separate from a cart rate. If you want a well conditioned, well designed in town course with a grass tee driving range… it’s not going to cost the same as other facilities. The driving range by itself at Bobby Jones must print money. I hope the city takes note and does something similar with Chastain.

1 Like

I wondered the same and when i selected “purchase” it mentioned only valid for 2019 (calendar year).

It’s been YEARS since I’ve been to Browns Mill. May need to check it out again! Never played TUP, is it better than the John A White nine holer that is close by? I’ve played there a few times, starter told me they “imported grass from AGNC” for the first fairway. Ha.

I haven’t played the nine hole course you mentioned. I’ve played TUP once and it was about 2 or 3 years ago. Single handedly the worst conditioned course I’ve ever played. Not sure if it’s changed since then but I’m too scarred to want to go back.

2 Likes

Found out a couple weeks ago…after the last cart/online tee time is posted they offer a walking rate of $22. First come first serve till sundown. Don’t tell everybody and let the secret out

1 Like

I have been there late in the day and noticed the walking rate too.

I think the cart thing is tied in with some business terms. That is why you see ZERO push carts at an extremely walkable course. I believe that may change going forward, but they are somewhat in with BIG CART.

2 Likes

It drives me crazy. It’s the type of course where you can get around faster without a cart.

The Azalea routing is (first hole long-ish par 4) is much better than other 9 hole routing IMO. Holes 1-4 are really fun.

1 Like

I have played there three times and never been able to catch the Azalea routing. Someday.

I think 2, 3, 4 on Magnolia is my favorite stretch.

CY 19 Only. If you can take off Fridays and play, you can still make up your money in no time.

You are paying $125 to access some very legit private courses you otherwise would not see.

CY 19 only, you buy it each year

coughshark experiencecough

3 Likes

I have been muscled off the first tee multiple times by the local groups haha. There are zero rules and the starter will not move out of his cart for anything and does nothing to move play along or space out tee times.

Where’s the cheapest public range access in Atlanta?

Here’s what I got so far.

• Northcrest - $0.103 per ball
  • Deer Valley - $0.111 per ball
  • Charlie Yates - $0.12 per ball
  • Bobby Jones - $0.214 per ball
4 Likes

Re: walking rates at Bobby Jones, I’ve always been able to pay less than the posted rate when I tell them I’m walking.

I will say this for the Shark Experience: a few weeks ago, got caught on the third tee of Azalea (par 4 that goes left around the pond) by a downpour, and was able to sit and watch Friday coverage of the 3M while I waited.

Big Northcrest guy

I believe BJGC is going to (if not already) a variable pricing model for range balls based on demand. It is pricey, but there is something to say about brand new balls and excellent turf to hit off of.

3 Likes

As of Saturday afternoon between 4:30 and 5:30, prices were still the same.

And I know it’s been discussed and BJGC has addressed it, but the rock hard teeing ground is annoying. I think I saw something on Instagram that they provided little rubber mallets in carts over the weekend to help get tees in the ground.

2 Likes

Y’all know if they’re still whipping up those Korean Sushi Rolls at NorthCrest. If you grew up ITP on the NE side y’all already know wtf going on

1 Like

Oh man, talk about firm & fast haha.

At north crest now.

1. The stoic guy who works the cash register drove his minivan over the crepe myrtles and into the building near the doors. That was odd.
  2. They have ES 15 range devices to measure club and ball speed and some other metrics. $6 for 30 min. $11 for 60 min.
  3. No food.

Tee box issue being addressed! I’ve been impressed with their social accounts so far.