Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Top Golf this weekend anyone? Unless somebody is a member at a club with sub air…

2 Likes

I actually enjoyed myself over at Paragon in Duluth. Place has a huge bar and could be good for a refuge throw down.

I finally realized today that I’ve been in a shitty mood all week and it’s probably because we haven’t seen the sun in days

2 Likes

tenor (11)

h5C8tWC

3 Likes

It may be a lot of money for most of us, but if you can get your firm to cover the initiation* and you bring in 1 deal a year from that new network of young professionals. It’s a fiscally smart move at what will probably be a pretty cool hangout.

5 Likes

Hey Atlanta, I’m heading that way in a little over a week and was looking some input on the clubcorp courses. Any recommendations? Much appreciated.

Welcome! In my opinion, Atlanta National and Country Club of the South are the top two courses - Olde Atlanta a close third

It looks like I am free Saturday morning into the afternoon who is looking to brave the elements? Maybe 9 at BJ?

• Sounds like some good places to start. I come to Atlanta 4-5 times a year, so will have a chance to hit a lot of them. How are the courses south of the city?

Country Club of the South, my man. Country Club of the South.

Bear’s Best is another good ClubCorp, but CCoS is great.

I’m a ClubCorp member and have played most of the courses. My main course is Laurel and not an option even next week due to all the rain because it doesn’t drain well.

I really enjoy The Manor and it should be fine next week. CCoS is good but might still be soaked. ATL National is a fun course but I’ve had some bad experiences there with the pro. Even as a ClubCorp member if it’s not your home course you don’t get treated well.

If you can make the drive then you need to go to Currahee. It’s not a ClubCorp course, but if you call the Clubline you can get on for just cart fee. It’s my favorite course that I’ve played in GA.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll be down there March 2, so hopefully some time to dry out.

Only been with clubcorp for a few months. It’s been spotty traveling but overall a good experience.

I think most of us are aware of the SSC “play or perish” bag. Which I think we can all agree is a super cool concept. I would love to get something like that going for the Atlanta section.

Play a round with a fellow refugee and winner of the match keeps this token (not yet determined, and all ideas are welcomed)

A losing token has been offered to me. A close friend and pre-refugee @journeyforbirdie (insta) does alot of freelance work for Cobra/Puma and other brands. After over a year of content, they have finally delivered the holy grail of bad product. Would you all like to see this travel around as a shameful token of loss and failure? Or should I tell him to bury it deep in his closet, to hopefully never see the light of day.

4 Likes

Anyone playing in the Nextgengolf City Tour events in Atlanta this summer? There is a tourney is on 3/29 at Bears Best. Let me know if anyone is interested in putting together a team.

Good chance I’m going to be playing Old Toccoa Farm sometime April 6th-10th and probably looking for company. I’ll post here later if it works out.

2 Likes

If anyone knows someone in Atlanta in the young professional ish age range looking for housing, send me a message. $1050 a month on the beltline in the highlands.

2 Likes

ABSOLUTELY !

4 Likes

Playing St. Marlo’s country club on Sunday with some non-refugee friends. Anyone got a run down on this course? I have never heard of it, and assume it is just a run of the mill generic suburb CC.

I would be so so so so so upset putting this on.

1 Like