Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

I caddied for one the owners of painted pin. He’s a 40 something golf enthusiast.

Wouldn’t even be surprised if a guy like this invests in the ground floor.

1 Like

Where do you caddie out of @RangerB?

Looped at PDC till last the few months. May keep going in the spring summer if it fits the new big boy job schedule

2 Likes

Do you get any real feedback on the GG app or is it mainly just a video series? A little late to the party

Also went to a lesson with Fort maybe 8 years ago… Very similar opinion of him just giving drills but not seeing anything change

Yeah, you post videos and there are 2 instructors that work with George who tell you what to work on. You can post 2 per week

More flooding rain. It’s not gonna dry out here until May now. Lake Allatoona is crazy high.

1 Like

It was still crazy low when i drove by a couple weeks ago…its been so low for so long…hard to imagine it at normal levels.

The parking lot at Little River Marina is flooded again.

1 Like

agronomy and weather folks - does a shit pile of rain during dormant season make for lush conditions in spring?

i may be very very wrong here, but my perception of GA weather is that we always get a lot of rain year round…it just dries up really well in the HOT months so you don’t notice it as much.

Assuming you live in the area. Play Fairways of canton much?

I live on the course at BridgeMill. Never played Fairways of Canton, although I have played Callahan just up the road. I had an uncle who lived at Soleil and played Fairways of Canton, but I never got around to playing there.

1 Like

I feel like this has gotta be the highest rain amount we have had in a while. It has literally been 6 days on / 1 day off this whole month. Last time I remember this much rain in ATL was sometime in 2010-2012. Want to say Nancy Creek / Chattahoochee were flooding all over the Vinings area almost daily

4 Likes

average monthly in jan/feb is both about 5 inches. we got 8 in Jan and already 8 here in Feb. we’ve already eclipsed our avg. annual mid-way thru april and March is our typically wettest month.

I moved here last year and questioned whether my wife drugged me and we moved to Seattle.

5 Likes

Rain

1 Like

I spoke with the guy about this. it is not worth it IMO. I spoke with the guy and when he sent me pricing it was the same cost to join a real golf club, like i get the appeal and social aspect and with there being no reasonable golf clubs inside the perimeter it can be viable but I was out on cost.

5K initiation fee %285 for a core membership which meant unlimited off peak hours, but only 3 peak sessions a month,a dn a $25 bucks a pop fee for peak hours. There where other levels, with associate being the lowest (5k, and $200 a month/ 1 peak hours a month).

Yeah if you got it, you got it…i dont got that.

related note: Unlimited Top Golf Membership $2500

3 Likes

Initiation fee is really tough. Not a fan of $5k for that. Even if you had the cash, $5k just feels steep.

1 Like

Yup, and if you can pay 5k might as well build your own simulator and get rid of the ongoing costs.

Weird target market. Feel like its a small intersection of golfers that would pay that for simulators / practice and are members of OTP golf clubs. Anyone w/ enough throwaway money to drop 5k plus another 2.4k a year on simulator golf ITP probably could just join one of the in-town tracks, or just do what all the PDC guys do, go to BJ

2 Likes

Fuuuuuuck this rain. That’s my profound contribution to this thread today.

10 Likes