Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

I’m gonna continue lobbying for Browns Mill until everyone is on board. With ATL traffic, it might as well be “in town”. Not a ton of renovation required, and the land is probably fairly cheap. I graduated from Woodward so I have reputation with the local population :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The Airport City or whatever it’s called was recently approved by the city of College Park. They’re gonna build a larger scale Battery down there by the airport and Camp Creek Parkway. I wouldn’t be surprised if some kind of renovation to the golf course down there happened.

I think all you really need at BM, other than a few holes getting real alteration would be to fix the tee boxes, improve the greens, and maybe redo some bunkers…That is actually a ton of stuff for a reno.

I just think holes like 4, 6, 11, 14, and 15 could be so great with redone greens.

2 Likes

It can’t be one of the Atlanta public courses. I can’t envision that going over well at all.

OK so we need a @jcm3 led Browns Mill Day to get us talking about it more.

2 Likes

Fine… I’ll do it.

1 Like

i wonder if cross creek or candler (though i doubt it would happen here) is big enough to do a “winter park 9” if you completely redid. probably not. but for my money those probably the area to do it in. i think a big part of winter park 9’s success is that it, for better or worse, is in one of the wealthiest communities of florida with people that care about golf. the course is well taken care of by the local folks and it is SUPER easy to get to travel wise.

I agree. Candler park would be the closest thing to a WP9. I definitely think there is enough land there to make something like that happen.

1 Like

Need to buy, Fox Creek / Legacy, and make the properties 1 course. Not 2 half courses.

Edit: Heack you could do a 6800 yrd course, good range…and maybe a 9 hole par 3. As it is, the property is like a bunch of chopped up wasted space.

5 Likes

I course I worked at after renovation was 11 mil in Phoenkx for full reno and clubhouse with a lease of land from the city no purchase.

Browns mill would be an option if the city allowed a lease and a private wealth renovation. Anybody got a trust or multi million endowment?

1 Like

No, but we have the blueprint. See: BJGC.

1 Like

My brother is a college park resident. The golf course is in the master plans for that airport city or whatever. I’ll see if i can dig up the article.

Brief look at the google earth… fair amount of unused area, especially around the greens

1 Like

From Atlanta Biz Chronical: “The plan would also add a 5K loop walking/running trail around the development and a golf-related entertainment venue, and it would convert the city’s historic golf course to 18 holes using a reversible 9-hole design.”

Let’s build as many great homes as we can and screw the 9 or 18 number.

Shoot for 12 holes. Can play 6, 12, or 18

1 Like

You could name it “Celebrity Golf International” and invite all your celebrity friends to join.

2 Likes

I’m sure Airport City will be great. There’s never any corruption involved down there.

4 Likes

So much wasted space there. Could easily make either of the ranges bigger and not lose capacity there. Given its location, would also be a great candidate to get creative and craft 6-hole loops for the lunch/after work crowd.

1 Like

Got paired up with @mshriver3 today at BJ. Appreciate the invite the the ATL roll call

8 Likes

Yea Candler Park for sure.

Throw some sand down, let some natural areas grow out, put some barn wood around the bunkers, Biarritz green, and boom, you’re viral baby.

4 courses for sale in GA right now. Neither I’d go for.

I’ve always had an interest in buying Washington Wilkes. Donald Ross 9 hole middle of nowhere. Played it once on way to Augusta just to see if it had potential still. Bones are still good, just needs some work.