Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Gotcha! Thanks for this

@PurpATL @fanofrockytop thank you guys! Hopefully the schedule works out, I will definitely be in touch as it gets closer. Really appreciate all of the help from everyone.

4 Likes

Feel free to join the Discord if you haven’t joined already!

1 Like

Anyone have a short game coach recommendation? Have a few hours to kill before buddies land in ATL for our trip up to sweetens and realized I haven’t done a short game lesson in a while.

I’d call up Bobby Jones. Best venue for short game work if you’re looking for in person and all the coaches are solid.

1 Like

Anyone play Bobby Jones recently? played nine today after hitting the range and on the 7th hole of magnolia The water line was littered with what had to be hundreds of dead fish

4 Likes

That should be their new logo

1 Like

Seriously, after a good rain storm I always find dead ones in the fairways

I assume the chemicals they use runoff and kill the fishies

Question…

My wife and I are considering a move further south. I’ve worked in sales for about 12 years and would like to continue down that road.

I’m not sure my company would transfer me (haven’t asked, only posted job we have in GA is in Savannah) and I’m open to a fresh start. Any companies in the general area I should look in to?

We have friends in Marietta and my sister lives in Sandy Springs. Ideally, we would like to be more on the north side than anything.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

All defections from high cotton are welcome! Haha. There’s a tremendous amount of opportunity down here. What sector are you in? Atlanta has quite a bit of sales potential, biggest industries for sales are probably manufacturing/resources and tech. We’ve got guys in the roost with some of the big firms and a few at larger tech entities as well.

2 Likes

LOL

I’ve been working for a sporting goods outfit ($1.7 billion in sales as a company) that sells a TON of different products (around 100,000 with and without customization). I love my job and I would love to keep doing it…as I am typing this, I probably just need to make a call and see what options there are.

That being said…I think I would be fairly open to change if the fit was good. Tech would probably be at the bottom of the list for me. Heard too many horror stories.

Housing market scares the hell out of me right now too. Selling seems great until you have to buy.

2 Likes

Mizuno’s US headquarters are here, which is probably a natural fit. our discord link is a few posts above. If you hop in there, I’m sure you can link up with a few guys for some informational interviews to guage that market. We also have members who work for PGA Superstore at HQ @Theonewhoshanks @raleighdawg

3 Likes

Sup, yall. I’m going to be staying in Alpharetta tomorrow night for work. Anyone got good food recommendations in the general area? Not classy, just good food and drinks.

Alpharetta has many great options:

Crust- great local pizza joint but with an upscale feel.

Branch and Barrel- Excellent bourbon bar with southern menu. Located at the Avalon.

Secreto- probably the best place in town but pricey and fancy.

Jekyll brewing- good brew pub in downtown Alpharetta with a Cajun menu.

Ceviche is another good option in downtown Alpharetta.

7 Tequilas is a good local Mexican chain and good chance you’ll run into my in-laws.

Colette off Windward- good Italian spot.

‘Cue- best bbq spot in town. Better than smokejack.

Revolving sushi factory- not fancy but just really cool to see sushi come out on conveyor belts.
Downtown Alpharetta has many options that are all walking distance. Also the Avalon is an upscale outdoor shopping center. (Remi’s kitchen is a great Persian restaurant at Avalon)

If you are looking for a local sports bar, either Wild Wing Cafe or Taco Mac are the options but are equivalent to a B Dubs.

Legitimately incredible response. Thank you!