Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Hey All! Figured I’d stop lurking and finally post something and in the discord.

Live over in the Buckhead area. Hopefully can get out there with some of y’all if you don’t mind having a newbie golfer around, just started golfing 4ish months ago. Mostly just bounce around between Bobby, Northcrest, and Steel Canyon ranges. Done a few rounds at Chandler, Steel Canyon, and River Pines par 3 course.

4 Likes

All are welcome and theres plenty of people who are new to the game/ at a higher skill level. many in that neighborhood as well. scroll on up to the link for our discord.

most of the chatter happens there, including regular meetups for games, simulator sessions, and currently planning out a rec league basketball team that might not win a game

2 Likes

Health Insurance not provided by PTC

Question for the Atlanta/West Georgia guys. Looking to play a round Sunday at either Oak Mountain in Carrollton or The Fields Golf Club in Lagrange since our round on Sunday in eastern Georgia is going to get rained out. I see y’all had an event at The Fields Golf Club and it has good reviews. Is that the better option between the two? Or is Oak Mountain a good option? Haven’t played up there so looking to see what the refuge recommends. If there is anything else in that area that’s better that would help too! Thanks!

Having never played nor heard of Oak Mountain, I can tell you with absolutely no reservations to go play the Fields. With the exception of a single holdout I’d say it’s the most loved course in what we will generally call the greater metro Atlanta area in our roost.

8 Likes

Perfect! Thanks for the reply…and I love the profile pic :joy:

Great call! The Fields was sick, we really liked it. Glad I asked in here and went and played there.

13 Likes

When it’s time to update your handicap in Georgia, you can now officially do it with The Peachtree Collective!

11 Likes

Been living part-time in Atlanta for the last month. Why do the driving ranges close so early? I’m used to hitting balls at 10 even 11 o’clock at night.

God what a sick post for midnight on Christmas Eve.

The answer, nobody knows. It’s just another prime example of the system in Atalanta is quite anti golf for the people.

11 Likes

Deer Valley is your best bet. Think they’re open til 9:30. Merry Christmas from bad at Atlanta golf!

1 Like

Northcrest is open until 10, that’s the latest I’ve seen

1 Like

Paragon in Duluth is open until 11 most days

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I appreciate it!

Looks like Northcrest is the closest one (40 minutes) to my apartment. I am living on the west side of Atlanta, north of Powder Springs. Driving to Marietta might be my best bet.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Would love to get some games going on around Kennesaw. Went to the range and couldn’t find the club face at all today

2 Likes

Welcome! Hop on in our discord. We’ve got lots of guys up that way who play regularly.

3 Likes

Where my Dawgs at?

UGA course with a new merch drop (I think, I check semi irregularly)

The scorecard and yardage book covers are nasty

4 Likes

I am old. What is this discord server you speak of?

Sarcasm? Or no? Hard to tell.

Click the link Quinn posted above. Discord is a group communication site. It’s our own mini refuge. Saban coaching replacement chatter is off the rails right now.

1 Like

I downloaded the app. Tried to join but it wants me to link to a server, that is where it loses me.

Sorry, GenX’er here.