Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Hello Hotlanta,

I’ve found myself with some free days in Atlanta July 6-8th and was hoping for some recs on good golf in the general Buckhead - Marietta side of town.

Anywhere specific to seek out or avoid like a 10’ pole from the local crew?

1 Like

Marietta City is a fun lil track- Earlier the better. No clue about what’s good in Buckhead. If you can swing Acworth - Cobblestone is a fun one with 6/8 water holes by Lake Acworth.

I’d also recommend Marietta City Club and Cobblestone and if you don’t need to play a full course, Legacy and Fox Creek are short executive courses in Marietta/Smyrna as well.

I’d stay away from Chastain Park/North Fulton. Its a 5 hour round minimum unless you get out early.

Bobby Jones is a unique 9 hole course near Buckhead w/ nice greens.

Just joined. Live in Suwanee. Looking for people to play with. Hit me up

5 Likes

Shamefully I’ve been out of touch for awhile. Getting all the quotas updated and standings up to date the next couple nights, as well as, prepping for The Good, The Bad, & The UGAly! Details coming soon and also, June quota is at Browns Mill.

1 Like

I believe we moved this month quota game to Chimneys due to back 9 being closed at browns mill.

Love seeing some new blood #getinvolved make sure you jump in the discord. A lot more regular talk and tee times in there.

1 Like

Welcome to the Refuge @zwhigham. I’m in Cumming, not far from Bear’s Best. There’s a few of us in the Peachtree Collective that are up here northeast of the city, I’ll DM you my info, looking forward to meeting you and teeing it up.

Moving down to Suwanee next month, we can definitely get a round in!

1 Like

Hello, ATL crew.

We may be relocating to your fine metropolis later this summer. Anyone got a good realtor recommendation?

We have no familiarity with the city but if my wife gets this job she will be in Buckhead, so we are looking likely north of there. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you, a loved one, or someone you’ve used before may be of assistance in the house hunting game. Thank you in advance!

4 Likes

Stacey Wyatt is an incredible realtor.

1 Like

We wouldn’t represent you, but my wife and I both work in commercial real estate and I follow the housing market pretty closely. Would be happy to talk through the different areas and pros / cons from an investment / convenience etc. Also am family friends with the head of the Sotheby’s office for Cobb county so would be happy to make an introduction if you like and he could place you in good hands.

1 Like

Thanks to all who saw this and sent me a DM or replied to the thread. I got several recommendations and will be reaching out to folks if we end up making this move. If so, I’ll be looking forward to playing some golf once we get settled.

1 Like

Where would you be moving from? Good luck to the wife!

ATL peeps. Need an iron fitting. Options I’m considering are:

-TrueSpec at Intown Golf Club in Buckhead with Sean. Seems to get rave reviews.
-Paul at Bobby Jones. Pro may be that you are hitting out of the instruction bay, so you get the see the ball fly. Does that matter if you’re getting TrackMan data anyways?
-PGA Store in Roswell. No fee for the fitting if you buy clubs.

Leaning towards True Spec, but will I be significantly upcharged for the actual irons at TrueSpec or will I be playing regular sticker price?

Any thoughts are appreciated. I’m familiar with the club fitting process through many TXG videos, but have never gotten fit myself.

1 Like

None of the above. (I’ve done fittings or gappings at all the ones you listed.)

Cool Clubs out at Cartersville Country Club. Best fitter, knowledge exchange and information in the city… especially if you already know a good bit about it.

Feel free to lookup the fitter on youtube, lots of good content out there. His name is Pete Weber (teaches and builds for a lot of guys on Tour).

1 Like

Gotcha – have heard of Cool Clubs, as I was told that aside from Bobby, it’s the only place to get fitted in Metro ATL where you are hitting outside.

It’s really worth the drive out there? What didn’t you like about TrueSpec / Bobby / PGA Store that makes it worth it to hit up Cool Clubs?

1 Like

TrueSpec - Rotating list of “fitters”, inside of Intown Golf Club. This location is a temporary job for that fitter, as he tries to get promoted to AZ or ORL. In my experience (and a few others), they lie about your lofts and club specs to convince you whatever you have is wrong, and then try to constantly get you add on additional fits for other clubs. They are not interested in the fitting being a conversation about your game (I consider myself fairly knowledgable on the topic, and I assume you are as well) and areas you want to improve, they are looking to fit you into clubs “that go further”, for the highest price.

Bobby Jones - Indoor bay that hits outside, trackman… everything you want in a fitting, except you are hitting range balls. All orders are done THROUGH PGA SUPERSTORE, once your order has been placed with Paul, he is hands off. If there is a delay, he has no rep to call, has no ability to make changes (lets say you got fit into a kbs shaft, and he didnt tell you its a 6month backlog - no way to get that swapped to a similar profile DG or Modus shaft once an order is placed). PGA Superstore places the order through the manufacturer. If there are issues, have fun figuring that out. (been there)

PGA - the good fittings are done in the studio, which do cost money. My biggest issue here is everything is focused on “how much further X club went”. Not on optimizing holes in your bag, or tightening dispersion etc. Limited head, shaft and grip combos as well.

Depending where you are located, the drive to Cool Clubs should be under 1 hour. Pete, who worked for trackman during its inception, isn’t there to explain which the longest club is - he’s there to use trackman numbers to create consistent fit to improve whatever you are trying to improve. Sure, building clubs through them will be expensive (Just like it would be ordering through TrueSpec, Club CHampion or any custom fitter), BUT if you are getting a mostly stock setup - you can skip all the “pureing” and tolerance shit, and its no different than going through Bobby aka PGA Superstore.

Pete fit me into a juiced driver, told me straight up if I bought it through them it would be $1200. He then showed me a comparable “stock” version to grab instead, gave me something to work on with my delivery, then said come back in a few months to see if the original shaft fit is worth investing into. Saved me $700, and my handicap has dropped 6 strokes since that fitting.

You are about to spend a shitload of money on whatever you plan to get fit for, which means an investment you plan to use for at least 2-3 years? Is driving 1 hour to ensure its the best possible fit “worth it”…seems like a no brainer!

5 Likes

Thanks man … you’ve got me convinced. I’ll make the drive up to Cartersville!

Need a new set of irons … am I still going to be around $1500-2k going to Pete?

It depends. New irons are going to be around $1100-$1500 depending on brand no matter where you go. If you get titelist irons, with the shafts pured, and s400 tolerance shafts I’m sure you’d hit $2k (do you need all that? prob not). Could always just get your specs, and buy “used” on GolfWRX (bunch of people sell brand new sets on there all the time) or the Silk Road to skip the wait/production time.

2 Likes

Seconded. CCC is the truth