Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Played Chicopee Woods couple weeks ago. Same situation with waiting 5 minutes or more on each tee because of a tournament. Ranger said it was unusual. Guess that’s not true if you experienced it as well.

It is well maintained, but it’s an all day commitment with i85 traffic.

@raleighdawg-- I just gave 4 away to a refuge user. Think you just want 4?

Good to know, I’ve played there twice in the last 3 weeks and it has been like that both times. I’m in Athens so it’s just a straight shot up north for me. I do enjoy the course

I would take them and figure out 3 people to join since they’re not prepaid.

Very fun course. Played a few months ago and was surprised how good of shape the course was in.

Finally made it out to Sugar Creek for 9 after work the other day - the course is in good shape, but the drainage situation there is not ideal. Will probably start playing a few holes after work a couple times a week since I’m less than 10 mins away

1 Like

Anyone got the low down on Smoke Rise cc? I noticed they are offering public tee times now?

Went ahead and booked to check it out this weekend but now I’m wondering if I’ll be walking into a tough scene club and condition wise.

Anyone been out there recently that can offer some insight?

Played there a couple weeks ago. Course was in decent shape other than the bunkers. They were borderline unplayable. Seemed like good vibes overall. Worth the $45-50 bucks in my opinion.

I was last there maybe 2 years ago… I’ll never go back.

2 Likes

Played there a bunch. It’s an ok course…a lot of funky lies which can either be fun or a nightmare depending on your preference. Greens are typically in good condition though, which is always nice when you are playing a semi-private course. Tee shots are pretty tight but some fun holes you can really bomb it on… helps if you can work it both ways.

#10 is lit. You’ll see why, especially if drinks and ego are involved.

It’s been a few months, but the course was in decent shape. They went through a weird stretch a while back where it was in bad shape.

Agree on the vibe out there. It’s always pretty relaxed.

A couple of funky holes, a good hole or two then a bunch of ok holes. Course was in very rough shape a few years ago when I played it. Got a hot deal for $20 and felt like I got ripped off. I’ve heard it has gotten better. It has the potential to be a good course.

10? The par 5 that plays down hill 30 or 40 feet from the tee to fairway, at 235 yards it makes a 90 degree turn, and if you got too far its a lost ball. You can’t lay back due to the trees on the right. Everything on the right is weeds and a severe pitch. Also that corner at 235 leaves you 220-260 in, with lost ball left and overgrown brush right on the 2nd shot down a fairway that is 20 yards wide, at it’s widest.

You and I must have different definitions of lit.

You must have overlooked the part where I said “especially if drinks and ego are involved.” The hole sucks. But after 5 Miller Lites, I’m going to hit a massive Dechambomb over those trees and accept the result.

okay. I think we found common ground. I could see if you’re gambling and a few cold beverages deep, it’d be fun to watch someone hit double digits before they reach the green. Meanwhile, you make a 8 only hitting putter and scoop up some cheddar.

1 Like

Way late to this…but I’m a member at BCC. Not familiar with any sort of weekly league though outside of the Junior Golf Leagues.

The course has a surprising amount of almost 90degree-ish turns into greens.

If it’s in good shape and they’ve cleared out all the overgrown. I’d entertain the idea of going back. Just wasn’t any fun.

Awesome hearing some wide takes on smoke rise. Looking forward to checking it out and will report back!

Please do. I hope they cleared out the Kudzu and turned it around. I’m not a golf course snob but Kudzu on a golf course is a no go for me.