Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Brown’s Mill is good. Was paired with the same random guy on back to back weekends recently. Needs the sugar creek treatment to be woke muni golf.

Sugar Creek is flying under the radar because the golf now and grint reviews and satellite imagery are pre-renovation. Only a matter of time before 5 hour rounds. Played Sunday at 8:00 and didn’t have folks in front or back.
Nary a ball pitch mark on the greens.
The range lighting looks expensive and new. Wish it was on the north side.

2 Likes

Agree with @Bird Sugar Creek is a price performer. If it is dry it is hard to beat. Loving it more than Browns Mill these days.

2 Likes

Y’all inspired me to check out Sugar Creek this afternoon. $23 for 18 walking and a small basket of range balls… sick. Tee boxes and greens were pretty much all in excellent shape, some fun holes, kind of an annoying walk with all the bridge crossing but you could do far worse. Probably preferred the back to the front. All in all a great option within 20ish minutes of the city.

3 Likes

I’ll for sure be checking that out this week.

1 Like

Heading out to Sea Island for a vacation later this summer. Unfortunately will only have time for 2 out of the 3 courses that they have out there. I think I am pretty set on playing the plantation course, but I’m not sure which one to cut between the reserve and seaside. The main concern is that the seaside might kick the shit out of me and my younger brother and it just won’t be worth that change. Does anyone have any opinions?

1 Like

No discussion needed, Seaside and Plantation every time! Retreat is not worth it. Enjoy the experience and play the right tees - it will be a blast.

3 Likes

Play Seaside. As long as you play the appropriate tees, it’s really fun and scoreable. Not to mention, it has some awesome holes with great views. Get a forecaddie and enjoy the hell out of it.

Retreat is a fun course as well, but it is offsite and weaves through a neighborhood, so it’s pretty tight and still challenging. I’ve played all three and I’d rank them as follows:

1.) Seaside
2.) Plantation
3.) Retreat

1 Like

Solo walking The Fields 5/15/21 7:50. Come one come all.

1 Like

Interested, gas situation may be the decider here.

1 Like

Bobby Jones at 4 pm today. Join in if you’re free.

1 Like

I’ll be there.

Atlanta National put on a show tonight!
#GoldenHourGolf

12 Likes

I have 8 Sweetens passes for Thursday June 24 that I will likely not be using. Let me know if anyone is interested in taking our place.

1 Like

I would be interested – still haven’t been – but not sure if you’re looking to sell all 8 together.

I think someone may have asked this before but is bear’s best worth playing for $100

No. Plenty of better options.

4 Likes

@nasty is Bears a fun course to play, I’d say yes. It’s typically in good shape but a tough walk. Is it a $100 golf course, I would say no - try to catch a deal somewhere.

I got out to play Legacy on Lanier last weekend… still think this is the best value in the state. Course was in great condition, they do a good job of pacing, free breakfast, lunch, and snacks + drinks, great range/warmup area etc…

ALSO - they currently have a $5,000 hole in one reward on #10…I missed it by a foot.

5 Likes

played chicopee woods yesterday, has anyone played there and not had to wait on every tee? They have had tournaments early in the day each time I have played there in the afternoons but with 27 holes I thought pace would be better

3 Likes

Lanier is a solid option.