Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

I’d guess that would jump north of 5k real quick

Might be good for the auction. Have it jump out ahead of peachtree in the bidding. Then a peachtree member would probably have to shell out a higher bid just to keep egos in tact

2 Likes

Hey all, just updated the details and opened sign up for the Mr. Jeezy’s Open happening in Atlanta June 25-26. Hope to get a good crew out there. Check it out in the events page to sign up.

2 Likes

Congrats to @Weezer2 & the other Atlanta nest members who made the Candler Park Players event come to life and raise some funds for a worthy cause.

@Tron & @MerchCzar good stuff happening in the ATL :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Peachtree golf club went for $5k. Sometimes I forget there is a course there - even the “private drive” is fairly hidden.

1 Like

play this one often, they can be a little stuffy in the proshop but the course is pretty solid.

~$1650/person to play Peachtree kind of seems like a steal compared to what people pay for Pebble.

2 Likes

Any of all actively use The Grint? Looking to get some fellow refugees on the friends list.

@Tron made an appearance on some podcast called The Bag Drop talking all things Atlanta and some public golf (‎The Bag Drop: Untold Stories in Golf: A Player’s Ball with Tron Carter of No Laying Up on Apple Podcasts), which I guess is podcast for something called New Club.

Looked into New Club, and it looks some association you pay money to for the chance to book tee time at private courses, anyone have more insight into it?. (the New Club guys didn’t seem to know bunch about Atlanta quite yet)

Here’s my personal ranking of the public courses they mentioned:

1. The Frog - best overall condition. great fairways and greens.
  2. Cherokee Run - best greens of the list
  3. Riverpines
  4. Stone Mountain - Lakemont > Stonemont
  5. Heritage - course is super fun, but its always soooooo packed.
  6. BJGC - I’ve played each 9 a couple times, and it’s ok - but you can get 18 in for same price at any of these other courses. Don’t understand why there are not more 18 hole routing days
  7. Echelon
  8. Bears Best
  9. Chastain - #10 is the worst hole in Atlanta

Other publics mentioned I have not played: Ashton Hills, Cobblestone, The Fields, Summergrove, Chestatee, Achasta, Wolf Creek, Chateu Elan

Private courses Tron mentioned - I’ve only played Capital City Brookhaven, Druid HIlls (before rework) and Cherokee (I think North?) on the list below:

• Rivermont (I am currently on the wait list :frowning: )
  • Capital City Brookhaven
  • Atlanta Country Club
  • Peachtree
  • Dunwoody Country Club
  • Cherokee
  • Ansley Intown
  • Ansley Settindown
  • TPC Sugarloaf
  • AAC (Riverside > Highlands according to Tron)
2 Likes

2 Likes

Tron is fancy

1 Like

Thats Marist for ya.

1 Like

That wasn’t @Tron ranking of courses by the way. He has very strong feelings of one of those listed in the middle that he would not have ranked in the middle.

NewClub started a chapter in Atlanta about a year or so ago. I know they are working on getting things up and running still. Their model is interesting, but I know it was difficult to roll out this past year between clubs limiting outside play due to COVID as well as tee sheets being slammed due to COVID.

The guys that I know and have met are good guys, and I know a few are on this board as well. Plus, they let me on their podcast a few months ago, so if you are going to hold something against them, it should be that.

7 Likes

I realized I misread after I replied.

1 Like

I vaguely remember Chastain having some bad bad holes (20+ years ago). Is it really worse than 18 at Towne Lake Hills?

2 Likes

I’ve never played Town Lake so I can’t comment. But no matter what club you hit at #10, fairway is rockhard and you are rolling into the woods.

2 Likes

Yeah, when I first saw the list I did a double take as well. But then realized it was just the list and maybe in order of when they were mentioned.

It’s a good interview though. Nothing ground breaking for people here most likely but good to get NLU in front of a crowd of passionate golfers. Although there’s probably a decent overlap of NewClub to NLU followers.

1 Like

10 at Chastain? The all downhill straight par 4? That hole is far from the worst in Atlanta.

Any hole at Smoke Rise is the worst in Atlanta.

4 Likes

Agreed. That tee shot is impossible.

10 at Chastain is a dogleg left par 5 where your tee shot needs to go between 200-250
yards depending on how much draw you have. It’s 25 yards wide and at 220 yards it runs out into the woods right. Over hook, woods left (which everything slopes towards).

3 Likes