Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Glad to hear you “enjoyed” it :joy:. Highlands can be fun to test yourself, but Riverside is by far the more enjoyable course. They’re about to start a big reno on Riverside at the end of the year. Preliminary plans look great. The new architect completely threw Rees Jones under the bus and backed it up a few times.

If you get back out to AAC highly recommend trying Riverside either before or after the reno.

1 Like

Anyone a member at Rivermont? Currently on the waitlist for the young 30s category. Would love to get out there an play some.

3 Likes

The renovation was a biiiiiig topic of discussion in the grill for post round beers. Many for, a couple staunchly against. If I get the opportunity to play out there again I may be lobbying for Riverside it sounds like

What is the general consensus on Governor’s Towne Club?

Found a Hot Deal for this Saturday for 35 dollars a person. Couldn’t pass it up.

1 Like

Played it for the first time a couple weeks ago. Solid course and good conditions. One of those subdivision courses where you get outside the fairway and lose a ball easily or hit a house.

Good for lower handicaps but I think mid-high handicappers are gonna not enjoy themselves.

1 Like

Is the clubhouse at Governor’s Towne Club still just an empty shell? I was told it was a couple of years ago, economic problems.

35 is incredible. I always thought it was a great value when the hot deal was $75. There’s a fine line to strike, but since you’re “a member for a day,” I always showed up 90 minutes early and practiced with their nice faciltiies. Fun short game area.

1 Like

It’s a fun, very nice track. And the bathrooms have those fancy gold toilets that are for sure a necessity.

Threw a Jones under the bus? Yall hire a wokester from NLU?

But seriously whos doing the reno?

I will make sure to eat a huge breakfast to ensure that I will use the gold toilet.

1 Like

Very woke. Mega width and angles guy :upside_down_face:… Tripp Davis is the architect. Wasn’t familiar with him before this, but the work he has done seems really interesting. Gave an overview of some of his design ideas and they sound sweet. Anxious, but excited to see the final product.

2 Likes

Did 36 there Wednesday. Always had difficulty getting a Riverside time vs. Highlands when I was there. The renovation plans look awesome and I think Riverside may be the most fun track in the area when complete. Always loved that course and super excited to play it after the renovation. They’re going to have a real problem after when nobody can get Riverside times and are forced to get gut punched on Highlands instead.

As for the Highlands, somehow it’s worse after their latest renovation. Rees is a grifter. Surprised that 2 months away from KPMG that the course was in worse condition than I’ve ever seen it.

2 Likes

Governor’s Towne Club did not disappoint. Really not sure how I snagged the 35 dollar hot deal there.

Couldn’t find the gold toilets though.

7 Likes

Great walk at Chattanooga Golf & CC
#DonaldRoss

8 Likes

We’re dipping our toes into the online auction game starting today. Hopefully those who are GSGA members will see the communication go out, but anyone and everyone is welcome to bid.

www.gsga.org/auction

The proceeds go to our Scholarship Foundation which provides financial assistance to the employees and their dependents of the golf courses in Georgia. This year, we gave over $300k in scholarships and passed the $4 million mark for the total scholarships in the life of the program.

We have over 30 courses available to bid on, so if anything jumps out at you, please bid!

7 Likes

A round a Peachtree GC is available on that list. Better have deep pockets for that one. Looks like its almost at 4k already.

4 Likes

Saw that too. For auctions like this, I always set a reminder towards the end to see what/if anything(obviously not Peachtree GC) is overlooked. Never seems to be the case though.

it went from 1500 to 3600 in a couple bids. someone came in and decided to start the party.

We are hoping to add another two or three courses as we go on during the week. I told some friends that there may be a couple in there that I thought would be overlooked. Someone may be able to put together a little coastal Georgia trip together though.

1 Like

Like maybe Ohoopee?

1 Like