Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

As long as reed and decbambeau aren’t your golfing hero’s. We’ll probably get along great.

3 Likes

Is the $57 rate for 9 or 18 holes? I live down the block, but have only ever played 9 at a time. And on all but a couple occasions, never for more than 22 bucks in the afternoon/evening

They are not. I’m more of a Cat, Couples, Brooksy kinda guy.

I called in a grabbed 2 spots. Got a buddy joining if he doesn’t get scheduled to caddie on Saturday.

What time did you get? Coming in from Charleston this weekend and have 9 am tee time for me and a buddy.

cool!

8:30

Took this beaut out at Bobby Jones Saturday am

7 Likes

You guys plan on riding or walking? It looks like it is going to be chilly and I can’t decide if I would be colder walking or riding.

Walking in cold weather is kind, unless you have a heater and cart cover. You will be upset, but not cold, that you will be charged for the cart at BJ no matter what.

Also - Browns Mill is so much fun.

1 Like

The fact you have to pay cart fees sucks. If my wife comes with me I always cart, but it is an easy walk.

1 Like

The key with Bobby Jones is timing, they do dynamic pricing that changes randomly, nearly everyday in the week leading up to the tee time. I went out a few weeks ago on a Friday and got an 18 hole rate of $33 and I think it was close to $60 day of. There is probably less variance on the weekends when demand is highest but I’ve generally found 3-4 days is when you get the best deal.

2 Likes

I have only played a handful of times, but in the summer they did have a walking rate that would be equivalent to a super-twilight (>5:30 or so).

I hope they eventually get out from under the Shark indentured servitude and offer some other options like walking and push carts.

1 Like

I’m gunna try and walk in the morning despite cart being included. Much easier to stay warm when walking

1 Like

If you haven’t prepaid, if you go in and tell them you’re walking, they won’t charge you for a cart.

1 Like

As a GT student who used to play a lot a couple years back in high school, anyone have recommendations for full courses near(ish) to the midtown area for a decent rate? BJ is a solid course but unpredictable on price from my experience, go up to the ranges at legacy and fox creek sometimes, but the courses don’t really enthrall me too much. Coming to school made me realize how spoiled I was back home lol, curious if anyone with more experience has some good options?

1 Like

limited unfortunately. I would get the city fore pass if you can pay up front. You can play chastain national for 13 bucks a pop, 25 at peak times. Walk candler for free after 4. If you are a serious golfer the pass pays for itself after a few weeks. Both are about 15-20 minutes from campus. For city golf, your only other real option is to make friends with someone at GT whose family are members at Ansley, CCC or PDC

4 Likes

FYI. I’m about to post a thread about renting out marrietta city club for the day.

They gave me a good rate.

Haven’t booked it yet but they would be excited to have us.

Dates are dec 13 or dec 14. A Friday or Saturday. Would love for a lot of ATL refuges to be able to show up. Obviously gonna try and drum up some out of towners as well.

Let me know if you think you would be interest in all day free play at city club for like $75 or less.

8 Likes

I’d be interested! Maybe this will be the day we get a big Refuge gathering together

1 Like