Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Makes sense. Definitely hate to see it close down or turn private.

Weeeeeelllll shit. Hope my dec 11 tee times are still valid.

1 Like

Also I saw online The Fields in $90/mo. for
unlimited walking / 2 range tokens a day.

That might be worth a membership and committing to 1 weekend a month of going down there to play 27 holes.

4 Likes

I’ve thought about the membership there but it’s only $30 to walk the weekend and right now usually $20-25 in the afternoon. So because it is ridiculously underpriced I’d have to really commit to playing there more often.

I may do it for next summer months when I can wrap up work by 3 and still get in 18 on a weeknight makes it a lot more tempting

thats super tempting actually

2 Likes

That’s fair - would probably be spending more money on the membership that what it would actually cost to go down there one weekend a month and play… but supporting a good golf course and their small business. Something I’ll have to consider.

2 Likes

One, maybe two trips a month. Go and spend like 6-8 hours there. 27 holes. A big morning practicing followed by 9 holes.

Sounds weird, but it’s one of the few golf courses around here I actually want to invest my money into and help them get better. You can see they’re trying and are just around the corner from making it something truly great.

7 Likes

Mike Young has said that it is intentional that they do not advertise the course. He is aware of the wokeness but he wants to get the course in the shape he wants it before they really start pushing it to the masses which I believe is he wants the fairway grass under control and to redo the bunkers. They are doing the bunker work out there now.

3 Likes

I enojyed the video they posted yesterday on instagram showing how they’re trying to transition the native grass from dense fescue to a more playable broomsedge. Looks 1000% better and is way more playable.

I’ve been a victim of that fescue several times. A ball 5 yards off the fairway and unfindable in the fescue.

1 Like

nice. bunkers definitely need it. few times i’ve been out there the centerline on 18 is basically dirt.

2 Likes

What if they buy wolf creek, since he designed it believe

5 Likes

Man I just got off a call and came in here to say the same thing

1 Like

Does anyone here know of a top notch fitter in our area? Tired of the generic ‘fitting’ you get even from better fitters.

2 Likes

Really considering joining Dogwood GC in the new year, reasonable priced last a checked and only a 20 minute ride from my local intown.

4 Likes

I’ve had a putter and driver fitting at The Golf Doctor - Chad’s a good dude, worth a look.

1 Like

I had an incredible fitting by Todd Gilgrist up at Chestatee. He’s the PING fitter for all the college guys in the southeast…i think he added Titleist and Taylormade as well? Great guy who didn’t pressure me to buy from him.

4 Likes

Over in Woodstock right? I did a driver fitting there around 2010. Was with an older guy who knew basically what I did. Chad pretty sharp?

Woodstock sounds right. Not sure about an older guy, ha… both of my fittings have been with Chad and I’m pretty sure it’s just him. Worth a look!

1 Like

Chad’s sharp. He used to work at BridgeMill long ago. I went to him for a fitting one time and it turned into a lesson & he wouldn’t charge me for a fitting because I didn’t need one at that time. Good guy.

I think the older guy and his son moved away.

1 Like

Good deal. Sounds like a super guy. The reviews I see are all great. I’m probably going to him for driver and wedges.

Old guy was nice but no doctor. Could fit folks down to flex loft and lie and that’s about it. Could never really get too detailed.