Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Anyone had a club fitting at Bobby Jones recently? Want to get fit for a new driver and wedges and would prefer to go somewhere where I can hit outside too so seems like the best option in the Buckhead area.

This may have already been said in this thread (I haven’t seen it) but two incredible public options in Atlanta are located within miles of one another up in Gainesville.

Both Chattahoochee Golf Club and Chicopee Woods (27 hole facility) are outstanding and less than $30 walking. I live close to River Pines and would drive 45 minutes to these courses 10/10 times for smaller crowds, more available tee times, and a better overall experience (the greens at River Pines are always so worn out).

Oh and there are a few great BBQ places nearby that make for an awesome lunch!

3 Likes

Played Chicopee once and thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

1 Like

2 good Heritage stories. one weekend we had a 7:25 tee time, the third time of the day. when we walked up to the box to check in the starter said they were running 20 min behind. so the first 2 groups were already 20 min off pace. Also once we played in a 2 man scramble Chili tourney in February. about halfway through the round everyone’s carts died. All 30 teams. they forgot to charge them the night before and it is not a walkable course. we left them there and they cancelled the tournament. I wouldn’t play there again if they were paying me $50 to show up.

4 Likes

there is a contingent of singles who show up and try to get out before sunrise and the first actual tee time which inevitably leads to this.

It’s a tough scene. They do so many rounds.

Chicopee was the best covid golf experience in GA.

plastic dividers in the carts.

Outdoor grilling with music to keep out of the clubhouse and vibes up.

Constant carts going around with water

They got it.

1 Like

Agree. Every time I have the 7:25 tee time they are already 20 minutes behind. Also it’s inevitable that some jackleg in front of me getting range balls out of the machine proceeds to fill up two large buckets, drains the machine and leaves nothing for me and the 10 plus people in line behind him. I like the course but not the crowds.

Anyone have knowledge to whats going on at John A White? Looks like they are replacing the chipping area with something.

Cut work short today to go play a round at the Fields GC. I always kinda forget how much I like that place. If it were 25-30 minutes closer to the city I would for sure do the $90 month member fee.

Pins on the back nine today were great, nothing more than 3-4 paces from edge. On 14 I clubbed down and tried to go at front pin. Took me 3 to get out of this bunker

Also, course was pretty empty and I was chasing daylight. I noticed a single in a cart a few holes behind me just tearing through the course - center fairway, close approach, 1-2 putts. He was playing like 5-6 minute holes. So on 16 I let him play through. He hops out shorts, T-shirt, big hoot in his lip, southern drawl. Lasers flag real quick and then hits this perfectly flush high draw 3 feet from pin. Scoots up taps in and is off. I’m like 85% sure it was Kevin Kisner

14 Likes

Great pic. How were the greens?

I’ve seen them better but I still thought they were pretty good. The tee boxes are a little overgrown and fairways clovery in spots but nothing that really detracted from the round. It looks like they are focusing most of their attention on some capital projects now. Shaping on 1st fairway, adding some tee boxes on another hole or two, and then the two fairway bunkers on 17 are dug out and look like they are being made way bigger and gnarlier.

We visited earlier this year and were impressed with the potential they have - really good foundation to build on.

Is @mshriver3 officially a falcons fan again? Hopefully the new GM cleans up more, gets some draft picks and pushes forward with an actual plan!

3 Likes

Always a fan. Moratorium on watching games has ended. That being said, not sure the next time I plan to sit down and watch a game. I want to watch a product I’m invested in seeing win. Right now the organization needs to be in a lose-now mode. If I watch, I want to see positive outcomes, and that isn’t what I’m looking for right now.

We’ll see where things go. I’m happy we got rid of both, but firing Dimitroff is a much unsafer move than getting rid of DQ. Coaches are everywhere. GMs are diamonds in the rough and he is a decent one. But his time had come. Need fresh blood.

1 Like

@B9P and @gatorz7888 Chicopee is my “home” course. I didn’t really pick up golf until college but played Chicopee whenever I went back home on breaks. They either switched management in the past few years or someone got smart. It’s a pleasure playing there now compared to 4 years ago. The people and the conditioning is always great for the price you pay. They’re improving practice facility. My only knock is that it’s not super walkable. Otherwise, I’d definitely push for a refuge event there.

2 Likes

What’s the consensus on Achasta?

1 Like

Fun course, especially now in the fall. #15 is only quirky hole. Worth the drive.

1 Like

Few guise are diligently working to pull together a Refuge Meetup in Atlanta Metro. Answer the poll and #getinvolved

2 Likes

I worked at Achasta during college. Made me fall in love with golf all over again.

Play in the morning here, then spend the rest of your day in Dahlonega. You won’t regret it.

1 Like