Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Anyone been out at The Fields Club lately? If so, how are the conditties looking?

1 Like

curious as well. back in may they weren’t great.

also they removed the ability to make tee times from their website. for a while i thought it meant they went private, but you just have to call. it’s a very minute thing, but having to call for a tee time frustrates me greatly.

3 Likes

Just wanted to share another GSGA opportunity for those who might be interested in helping us raise money for junior golf. We run the Youth on Course program in Georgia (if you have kids that are 5+ and interested in golf, it’s a no-brainer - costs them $5 or less to play at over 40 courses in the state), and one of the big national fundraisers is a 100 Hole Hike.

We will walk and play 100 holes in a day and take donations for our effort. We are hiking in Rome at Coosa Country Club on Monday, Oct. 19. If you’re interested in joining us, feel free to check it out: https://www.100holehike.org/.

For more info on YOC, check out https://youthoncourse.org/ or https://www.gsga.org/yoc/.

1 Like

They had moved their online booking over to another site though they don’t provide a link to it via their website and it wasn’t working last time I tried

interesting… it still doesn’t work, but also the company CourseScout doesn’t have anything else on their main site except stuff about the fields so it seems like a business they / someone close them is trying to start.

i was at the fields this past saturday for my first time. course conditions were above average, but i really liked the routing and design. my biggest course-condition takeaway would be that most of the bunkers are under repair it looks like. i think i saw someone mention on one of the other threads that the tee boxes weren’t great but i didn’t have any issue. the greens were rolling great aside from maybe a dead spot in one or two of them. the fairways played very good.

we teed off at 11:10 and no one ever came up behind us so it was pretty wide open - i heard the early tee times were slammed though. i got an email from teesnap after booking on the phone so it looks like thats what they are currently using.

overall, its only an 1:15 drive from brookhaven so i thought it was worth it.

1 Like

good to know. thinking of heading down this sunday AM or next.

1 Like

Greetings from Atlanta. Brookhaven to be more specific. Recently discovered NLU and this board.

I am very fortunate that I have two great courses that I can walk to; CCC and Peachtree.

I am unfortunate in that I can’t get on to either course. I play many of the OTP public courses I have seen mentioned here. I have been playing The Oaks a lot recently, I have a round scheduled tomorrow at Chicopee and another on Sunday at Mystery Valley.

Looking forward to participating in this forum and learning some of the terms that are still foreign to me,

8 Likes

i once lived amidst the pines in brookhaven and felt that cruelty as well. welcome to the 'fuge!

1 Like

Reading through this chronologically was dangerous, haha.

Welcome. Lots of good people (and golfers) in here.

It was definitely an intentional misdirect.

2 Likes

Thanks,

If you are near southeast side Sugar Creek just opened back up this week after being closed for a few years.

Course is nothing special, tight and tree lined, mud spots scattered around. But since it’s new the greens were nice and untouched. After 4PM it was $13 walking for DeKalb residents. Only saw maybe 3-4 other singles while I was out there.

1 Like

Other than redoing the greens did they make any other improvements? I used to play it back in the day before they stopped cutting the grass. I remember it being tight with a few good holes with carries over the creeks/river.

I hadn’t played it before so not sure but the creek is definitely in play on a lot of holes. There’s new sand in bunkers, tee boxes etc but not sure if they actually did anything to routing. The greens and 2.5 hour round are enough for me to play it again for a weeknight round

Doing 27 there on the 22nd.

Love that place. Welcome.

It was a great muni before but fell into hard times due to neglect. All it needed were the basics to get it back going again. Things like no holes on the tee boxes, grass to be cut, sand in the bunkers and grass on the greens. It sounds like they made the right improvements. Excited to go play a round sometime next week.

Chastain and Candler not moving forward with the 1-day-a-week park option.

8 Likes

might run into you at mvgc on sunday, we’re going off at 10:21

I think I might have played Sugar Creek in the mid 90’s. I will definitely give it a try, especially for a mid-week round, since the covid pandemic and current work situation now allows me to do that. At $15 weekday walking rates, even if work calls, I won’t mind putting the clubs away and going to the shop.