Roll Call: Alabama (Spring Match Play Info - Post #676)

Define “busy”…ha!

I am up in Huntsville and game for whatever. My work schedule should start winding down for the year so I can be fairly flexible. I’m a member at Huntsville Country Club and am happy to host, and am certainly down to travel a reasonable distance - just have to make sure the boss lady is ok…

3 Likes

I’m busy for the next few weeks but should get some decent time off between Christmas and New Years Day. Hoping we get enough dry weather to take advantage.

Definitely want to try and get out of Montgomery and play some good courses out of town when I have full days to drive. Ballantrae looks great and I really want to play Highland Park. I also need to go back and play The Fields again

1 Like

Where are you guys thinking? I have a few friends in Birmingham that play, one pretty well snd the others not so much. I am down in the Dothan area.

I will be off work the week between Christmas and New Years.

Moving to Birmingham in January. Gonna need some new golfing buds.

1 Like

Was just passing through for work, and had a DELIGHTFUL round down at Stillwaters near Auburn:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/photo-gallery-share-your-golf-photos-here/2666/2711?u=tcrbrad

1 Like

I grew up not far from there and this is the only course I play when I’m back in town. It is an awesome track that is a hidden gem for sure. The greens there are what make it so great as well, the different tiers and pin locations make this setup great.

1 Like

I’m in elkmont. Love Huntsville CC. Holler if you ever wanna play.

Anytime man, I live in Athens, work in Huntsville. Always down to play anywhere.

Been a member since nest began and have never posted. The more pods I listen to more I want to get in the action. I had to search for the alabama roll call as well and I’m glad to see a few of us in here. We definitely should try to get a few up to play. Have some connections with bent brook (Birmingham) and lots of the troon/honors golf managed properties (cider ridge, highland park etc) have a couple of nest members here in oxford I’m sure would be in with gettin a crew up to play if we have any interested.

Welcome to the talky talk. The roll call threads don’t seem to get much action but you can get some groups together every once in awhile.

Think it would be easier to get some responses in a different thread? I’m sure there’s a lot that wont be wanting to go all out in the winter weather maybe try to shoot for a big group in spring.

If y’all do get a big meet up going definitely let me know. Got some patnas in the central AL area that I need to see. Would love to get two birds stoned with one hit.

3 Likes

I’d love to do something towards the end of March or April on a weekend. If we do around middle of the state I can drive for the day, if it is north Alabama (Birmingham) I would come up and stay with my sister or friend. Plus the virus may be more under control with vaccines going out.

Birmingham would be easy for me but I’m about halfway between Birmingham and Atlanta so It’s not a bad drive to get to a lot of the courses in the state. I’m also in gulf shores 2-5 times a year and usually play alone be awesome to meet some of the south alabama guys down there this summer. Have a pretty solid connection at kiva dunes and always play there when I’m down that way.

1 Like

I’m in the Huntsville area, Birmingham area is solid for a day trip. For those in the. Or there half of the state, I’d be happy to get a day together at Huntsville Country Club (my home course) or we could do a day at Sweetens - I play there every couple months. And there’s always RTJ Shoals - I play there almost weekly.

Do you usually do the day pass at sweetens? It’s been almost a year since I’ve been up to play it. With the growing popularity it’s a little more difficult to get a trip up that way spur of the moment.

Was thinking of getting trying to hit it and old toccoa in a weekend in the spring.

Lately, yes - this winter I have done the down with the brown Mon-Wed passes - I can’t typically spare all day Fri-Sun anyway (I am mid-career with a wife and 11y/o daughter and I coach bball), so the weekday passes for me are the better bet. It obviously gets a little more crowded in the better weather months, and I like playing fast, so I usually go play on a day when I have the most flexibility, which is usually Monday or Tuesday.

All that said, I can usually figure anything out with a little planning, so I am down for whatever. ha

Looks like you might see a few more PXG clubs in the Huntsville area in the future.

?? Not following, what’s up??

Location of the Space Force headquarters was just announced…and it’s going to Huntsville.