Roll Call: Alabama (Spring Match Play Info - Post #676)

Check your dm’s

1 Like

I’m good friends with the F&B director at Limestone Springs. Been wanting to play there, it looks really good!

2 Likes

We need ONE more team from Alabama for the Sixth Edition of The High Cotton Classic, a fourball match play event

One of our HCC guys is Asst. Supt. there, he’s on here; @jtmease

2 Likes

Anyone play Lakewood down in Point Clear recently? I called and they said you need to be a Grand Hotel or member guest to book a tee time. I thought they used to allow public play once upon a time?

I think it’s been this way for a while. It’s not really part of the trail at all but I guess gets lumped in for branding purposes.

2 Likes

Dropping this in here

1 Like

Hey all, moved up to the Athens/Decatur area, just curious what the recommended courses up this way are, and if there’s anyone who might be free to meet up and play. I have half day Fridays at work, so I try and play mostly Friday afternoons teeing off around 12:30 to 1:30. Thanks!

1 Like

Bunch of guys around the Huntsville area are part of the High Cotton Club roost… send @leftysauce a message and he can get you squared away with that and you will get plenty of opportunities to play in and around the area! Welcome!

3 Likes

The @HighCottonClub is so back

Our Roost isn’t what we are without our Bama boys, and here is our ode to you all. Get involved!

I mean, look at those drive times! Get a buddy, carpool, and have yourselves a day! We’re at double digits in less than 24 hours… Can we get the more than half of the 72 player field?

Been a lot of people in this thread to say they wanted to meet up and experience the HCC… this is the perfect opportunity to see what we are all about! Should be perfect weather, play some golf and hang with the boys!

4 Likes

If you’ve been on the fence about joining the High Cotton Club or attending an event, this is the one that should push you over the edge. Named in honor of your fine state, and bouncing back from the first iteration at Highland Park with inspiration from The Extinction at Park Mammoth, The Yellowhammer at Cherokee is going to be a day you won’t forget.

CRCC is giving us a great rate, freeing us up to hook y’all up with great gifts, prizes, and more. @lostinspace and I have been deep in the lab preparing every detail for this event, and hope to see y’all out there!

2 Likes

YOU WILL GET FOMO

Go ahead and take care of that now. Sign up and #getinvolved you absolutely will love it! NO better place in the southeast during the fall to meet new people and be apart of something awesome, fun, and play golf on top of it all. I’ll even let you borrow my phone to watch the game in between shots, as long as we keep pace with the group in front.

2 Likes

Ill be in Orange Beach on Saturday 10/7 - Friday 10/13 if anyone is looking to link up and play - HOLLA!

Alabamans! It’s a short wait for your next chance to get involved in the High Cotton Club. Registration opens soon!

1 Like

Nesticles,
A couple buddies and I are making our way down to Birmingham to play some of the RTJ courses. We were wondering if anyone had some recommendations on some local food spots to check out while we are down there.
Cheers!

Birmingham has a lot of good options. What are y’all looking for?

Saws BBQ has a few locations that are solid.

Gianmarcos for Italian - I’d suggest the wine bar out back if you go there.

Chez Fonfon.

People have been talking up Helen recently.

There are several good breweries and pubs that are a good time. Carrigans Public House or Beer Garden , Back Forty , Avendale, Good People, Trim Tab, Monday Night. , Oteys Tavern.

I second all these recs, Helen downtown is phenomenal. Also, Automatic Seafood and Slice Pizza are personal favorites

1 Like

Chet

We’re open to all suggestions, we have been to the Birmingham area a few times now but always seem to miss out on finding some good local joints to hit up.
Thank you for this list!