Roll Call: Alabama (Spring Match Play Info - Post #676)

I have been away for a couple of months and WOW have i missed some stuff.
Do we have an alabama based roost or is this information im seeing the Tenn. roost?
Love that someone has finally taken the initiative to set some dates to get some of up bama members together to play.

2 Likes

It’s the Tennessee based roost, but as someone from Indiana who participates in the Tennessee events, I can’t recommend it enough. @leftysauce and the boys put on some great events!

2 Likes

As Clay said, it is worth it to join the Tenn. roost. I am a Bama guy and I can attest to what Clay said… The High Cotton Roost is a bunch of good dudes that are a blast to play a round of golf with. Drives are small enough to be manageable in a day and they are bought in to providing some sweet opportunities down here for us as well! Looking forward to the #yellowhammer and the rest of what @leftysauce has cooking

4 Likes

RT @Douger23 and @HHSBallCoach … Appreciate their support to this point and all that’s to come :handshake:

While we are the TN Roost, I’m making a strong effort to include both Alabama and Kentucky in the schedule, featuring individual match play brackets for each state. While we only have room in the schedule for one “Round Up” (or one day event) in Alabama before our season ends in July, we’re looking to bring more fun events across the state in the next season starting in August. We did schedule #TheRetreat at Henry Horton in June, however, with the intent of bringing an event back down closer to the border.

Until then, folks can sign up for the match play by emailing highcottoncattle@gmail.com with your GHIN/WHS # and state you intend to play in. There’s also a separate IG account for the match play, @thehighcottonclassic for all updates and coverage of the matches. I’ve also included the link for #TheYellowHammer at Highland Park coming up on 4/23. Very close to having final details dialed there and looking forward to it!

Also, we are on Instagram @thehighcottonclub where you can follow all the latest, or tune into our new podcast, Dialed In: A Podcast by the High Cotton Club, as we release weekly episodes recapping the latest happenings in the Roost and highlighting our members.

3 Likes

Where at I’m IN if you don’t mind me asking. I’m located in SE IL and have crossed the border for a few rounds.

Bumping the signup sheet for the Yellowhammer on Saturday 4/23.

1 Like

Going to be in Birmingham this weekend for a wedding. Ball and chain is in the bridal party and thus I have Saturday morning free for golf. In between either Highlands or Ballantree. Also open to other suggestions within the same price range (~75). Thanks in advance and if someone wants to join I’d love the company.

Depending on where the wedding is Highland Park might be the better option because Ballantree is out there. Hp is short but is the oldest course in the state and you can make birdies in bunches.

Hey guys - coming into Mobile for a wedding in Gulf Shores and was going to get some golf in with some friends. Scrolled a bit was was most likely going to end up at Magnolia, but they only have a 7-day booking window I see. Is there anywhere that’s worth a drive from Mobile that should be considered knowing we won’t be back, or should we just stick with Magnolia/Azelea or something in the area? Would be willing to drive an hour or so most likely.

Thanks!

I would suggest looking at some of the courses in Gulf Shores if you’re going to a wedding there. Kiva Dunes is awesome. I also really like Cotton Creek at Craft Farms and Penninsula.

3 Likes

I agree with @Douger23 and while it has been a while I loved Gulf Shores Golf Club.
Both Craft farms are really good imo

1 Like

Hey neighbors. I’ve got 2 passes to sweetens this Friday if anyone wants to join.

1 Like

I’m in dauphin island / gulf shores next week starting Thursday thru Sunday. Let me know if anyone has opportunity to play. Traveling with non golfers. :man_facepalming:

Ben

When are you there?

Not till late June - just trying to get a head start on lodging etc.

Thanks all for the info - I’d like to play Gulf Shores courses but lodging there is wild compared to Mobile. Maybe we’ll play there and stay in Mobile or play mobile Friday and play Gulf Shores Saturday before the wedding. Appreciate the info to think about.

I’m planning on playing down in that area over the 4th of July if anyone wants to get a game together at Kiva.

I would suggest The Preserve over the state line in Miss if you stay in Mobile.

That looks nice and bonus for unlimited play as it’s “off season”. Thanks!

Shell Landing is really good as well

Will be heading up to Sweetens as a single on Tuesday. Would love to join for a few holes if anyone else will be there

1 Like