Roll Call: Alabama (Spring Match Play Info - Post #676)

I am at Burningtree as well. Will be playing in the group on Sunday.

WDE

1 Like

Morning folks. I will be in the Birmingham / Hoover area the first week of April and I am looking for suggestions where to play/avoid.

I thank you all for the help!

Play well.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Bent Brook and the RTJ trail courses are always well received. Highland Park is cool as it is in downtown and the oldest course in the state but tips out at a generous 5800.

Do you know Brian Askew? I played a tournament with him last year. He’s a great player and dude.

Dropping this in here in case any of our Westerly neighbors would be interested in some shenanigans

2 Likes

To piggy back onto this I’ll be driving thru on Sunday April 3rd and plan to play FarmLinks that afternoon.

Can book FarmLinks tee times a month out? That’s how it seems to appear on the website booking app.

Would love to pair up with some Refuge buds.

1 Like

Not sure about the website - but I’ve called and booked tee times out there months in advance for a group of friends that came down from Tennessee to play last year and they were very accommodating.

1 Like

I’d be down for FarmLinks again

1 Like

how far is that from the Birmingham air port?

I can let a local speak to this better but at most maybe an hour and a half.

The drive from the BHM airport to Farmlinks, without bad traffic on Highway 280, is roughly an hour.

3 Likes

Thank you. That ain’t bad. I was hoping to stay closer to the airport / Hoover area but a little exploring never hurt anyone

In for Farmlinks as well!

1 Like

April 3rd 2:00 is what I was thinking. Is that too late for getting in 18 holes?

Folks! More about the match play I posted about a while back…

The High Cotton Classic is an official event for The High Cotton Club, the NLU Roost serving members from Southern Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama. We’d love to have you all join our Roost/match play and #getinvolved… Just shoot an email with your GHIN/WHS# and your state to sign up for the match play, and check out our Roost sign up post in the Nashville Roll Call for more on the Roost itself.

*Dates for the High Cotton Cup are subject to change

1 Like

Newb from Auburn checking in- member at Saugahatchee CC, always down to go launch 'em.

6 Likes

Welcome, hopefully in the next couple of weeks it’ll get pretty and we’ll get an outing together. Look forward to meeting you.

2 Likes

Hey guys. . . trying to get a event going through high cotton roost based in nashville. Was wondering where a good place to meet up with either in birmingham somewhere or a little bit further north. Suggested horse creek in Dora and terri pines in Cullman since they are right off of i65 but in Birmingham might be better for everyone. Please respond if interested.

4 Likes

Been following this thread and the @HighCottonClub threads loosely the last few weeks. Would definitely be interested in joining a meet up sometime

2 Likes

Where would you like to meet up? Bham, huntsville, or somewhere in between

1 Like