Richmond, Virginia (RVA)

I posted this on the Broken Tee Discord, but if anyone wants my tickets for Saturday and Sunday, let me know.

I don’t want anything for them; I would rather see someone use them than see them go to waste.

@givememoores, Sunday tickets would be rad if still available. Had previous plans but they’ve fallen through.

2 Likes

You got it! Should me a note your email address or phone number and I’ll transfer them over. I think I can use either.

1 Like

I’m sure most of y’all saw the news about Dominion / CCV leaving the Champions Tour after 2025. I’ve heard an abundance of rumors (I work at Dominion) but I’m more curious as to what new venue you guys think would work for the Champions Tour? I’ve heard Kinloch bandied about a lot, but I just don’t think they’d be into basically shutting down for a month every October.

1 Like

no no no no no, that will never be a thing.

1 Like

Why is that? Also, what other courses would fit the bill?

You are assuming the event stays in Richmond or even Virginia. My guess is that we lose the event altogether which sucks. I loved attending with the family every year, it will be missed.

3 Likes

Tour typically does not settle on a geographical location but rather who can host an event properly with the necc infastructure.

Kinloch is above tour events. Kinloch’s name and ranking are too high to need champs tour by far. Maybe a major or a ryder/walker cup venue, maybe. The members don’t want that kind of event, and for what they pay they get to dictate.

Tour events need courses built for tour events.

1 Like

It’s a massive national membership and October is one of their busiest months. With the US Am there next year they are already committing substantial time/energy into hosting. Lodging and out of town folks would be pretty upset. Independence would be the only other Richmond option. Maybe RTJ would be willing to trade alternate years like they did with Rocket Mortgage

1 Like

Is there another Dominion level sponsor in Richmond? I played with a guy last week who said Wells Fargo is done sponsoring their event in NC. As someone who grew up in Virginia, it never ceases to amaze me at how top tier sporting events somehow find a way to evade a long term stay here.

1 Like

Maybe Carmax? I’m not sure how big their Richmond HQ is.

I would say only Costar who is building a huge HQ next to the Fed Reserve. But given residential and commercial RE markets that’s harder for them to commit.

But who would sign up for a multi year sponsorship with 0 idea of what the tour will look like? Way too many unknowns and if any event will be worth sponsoring.

Capital One is big enough, but they are the major sponsor for the ‘Match’ events. They may want to keep their focus on those.

1 Like

If they keep it in Virginia maybe RTJ can step up but not many others can besides CCC.

It’s not Richmond, but what about Kingsmill? They did a great job with the LPGA event that they had for years.

Does anyone have a roofer and/or mason that they trust? Our place in the fan has some water intrusion happening into a bedroom upstairs, and we were told it’s the fault of the hidden gutters. Also have some very old chimneys/parapets that need repointing. DMs are open. Happy holidays!

It’s too short for even these guys.

The LPGA Tipped it out and they ate it up 20 years ago.

That said I wouldn’t be shocked to see a LIV event there this year. And it will be a complete disaster.

I got you fam

2 Likes

Just looked at the card and didn’t realize how short it was. It didn’t feel short the time I played it from the back. Then again, I suck.

1 Like

It is. It was maxed out to get the PGA in the 90s. It was able to stay because the owner was the official beer of the PGA Tour… 2 new owners at Kingsmill and they are without an event.

So the LPGA asked them to host the Covid relaunch of 2020; on July 4th weekend. It was already sold to Covid capacity. Escalante said no.

There were 9 tournaments on The LIV/Escalante deal. They want to spread the love to their different courses. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a Liv Tournament jammed in here. It would be so stupid…54 would be in play.

Thoughts on Royal New Kent?

1 Like