Return of the “Ope”-in - August 18th and 19th 2023: The Battle for Stattis

Fellow midwesterners that gather in the House of Culvers at the alter of ope I come before you not with a message of good news. It’s still cold here. The demonic weather apps are spouting lies of temps that begin with 4s and 5s, yet here we are firmly entrenched in cold and frigid temps outside. Some of us are even cursed with new snow.

No, I am here before you with a message of HOPE. Stay strong my friends, warmer times are right around the corner. Soon we will emerge from the simulator caves reborn in the light of a sunrise tee time. Soon we will put in the time with our families only to end the day with the twilight sun’s sweet sweet reduced rate. Soon we will all bathe in the sky blue waters of Green Lake, connecting through brandy old fashioneds, tales of the pull hooks, bombed drives, chunks, flushed irons, hazards, and hot putters.

Our time is near. But remember, it’s always darkest before the dawn. Take care of one another. Take care of yourself. Engage with the silk road, get yo popcorn and track the fall of the FPC with tales from the inside, worship with the cult of the blade, make a poll, or post only gifs.

But REMEMBER, the end is near. We will rise again! Outside! On an actual golf course! With GREEN GRASS! And the SUN! And

WE

WON’T

NEED

A

JACKET!!

20 Likes

13 Likes

If you’d rather drink it alone that’s cool too.

5 Likes

I’m with you in spirit but please consider meteorological conditions accompanying my most recent travels and factor that I will be traveling to the Ope before declaring it jacket free:

Dec ‘22: Florida. Historic cold.
Feb ‘23: Portugal. Unseasonably cold temps.
Mar ‘23: Southern California. Unseasonably cold temps and rain.
Mar ‘23: Spain. Trip in 1.5 weeks, but forecast shows 20+ degree temp drop the day I arrive.

I will make every attempt to rid myself of what I suspect to be a curse, but I make no promises.

5 Likes

So you’re saying it’s going to be jogger SZN at The Ope?!?!

12 Likes

7 Likes

If history has anything to do with you coming to see me, let’s just plan for you to come play at my club the day before so we are all safe.

3 Likes

No .gif could properly capture the knowing, sad nod I just did.

2 Likes

I’m still sad about that whole day.

3 Likes

On the bright side you didn’t have to buy a new tire.

2 Likes

A really good point. But I was looking forward to buying you and your brother enough drinks that it would have cost the same.

3 Likes

You leave that shit in Europe.

3 Likes

Can we get that update on the Power Rankings, factoring in the @JScore seasonal depression?

3 Likes

Sadly had to take my name off the wait list. Turns out a friend’s wedding is happening that weekend. Looking forward to 2024!

JSCORE’S OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL SV COTTAGE FOURSOME POWER RANKINGS (Week 2 Second Edition):

:arrow_right:1. @BaxterMSP - :crown: The plug continues to deliver. He’s the Edward Lewis to my Vivian Ward. Since First Edition rankings were published, he’s gone and planned out another golf weekend in May.

:arrow_right: 2. @OTPLefty - Nearly took #1 this edition due to buying flights to come up to Minnesota to play golf with us in May.

:arrow_double_up: 3. @jimithng23 - It was criminal my gui was this low in the first edition. He’s soared up the standings as he and I routinely stay in touch in and out of the Refuge. That matters, folks.

:arrow_down: 4. @JAD - I’m leaving him toward the top here out of his collective body of work and indisputable good dude reputation. A highlight of most of my adventures is hanging with Joey D from Chiraq.

:arrow_double_up: 5. @Waldorf98 - Still not on the nest. A relocation away from Fergus Falls, MN (or whereever the hell he was). Now gambling on the stock market so I’m hoping to get in his good graces before he hits it big. (If you gone broke, lose my number fool. :person_tipping_hand: )

:arrow_double_up: 6. @tombudsman - Tombudsman continues to drop likes whenever I mention the Golf Illuminati (of which has seen an increase of nefarious cabal activity) and for that he flies up the rankings this edition.

:arrow_down: 7. @Billy_Baroo - It’s not so much that Billy_Baroo did anything to drop. It’s more that others bounded up the board this revision. He’s in as good of a spot as anyone.

:arrow_down: 8. @ PGA_ALLTHEWAY - One of the kindest souls I’ve met on this board. Easy to talk with and a good hang. Hell of a player too, but he’s humble. Has a connection to Duluth/Cloquet that I can’t overlook either. I haven’t seen him in what feels like forever now.

:arrow_up: 9. @tj_denawli - A benefactor of moves in the midfield. tj_denawli slides up slightly. Hasn’t won it, but hasn’t lost it at this point. We’re only in March. August feels forever away from my vantage point right now.

:arrow_up: 10. @ MackReiter - Such a kind man. So active. So driven. Rises up the rankings this “week” with his steady performance while others have self-detonated.

:arrow_up: 11. @ Sweet_Cupn_Cake - Slow and steady might win the race. He’s moved up slightly. However, it might be more likely that I attend one of his events than him making the cut here. There’s a long runway yet. Anyone’s game.

:arrow_double_down: 12. @Schultzer - Anyone seen this man recently? Came in hot and vanished as quickly as he’s fallen down the rankings this edition.

:arrow_double_down: 13. @ReallyFatPat - This man plummets down the list. He went and did his own shit. Massive disrespect and this will not stand, man!.

Others Receiving Votes:

• @ DesertDuffer - RIP :skull: Gone, but Not Forgotten.
28 Likes

6 hours in the car this weekend to discuss summer schedule with the wife. Hoping this is not true but I can’t deny it’s possibility.

2 Likes

Me wanting to move into @JScore 's top 10:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Tough to watch @JScore play @JAD and @jimithng23 off each other like this

8 Likes

Is SI gonna make another bounce off the VWAP (it still has to get down there again first)?

4 Likes