Return of the “Ope”-in - August 18th and 19th 2023: The Battle for Stattis

We have good fireworks?

16 Likes

As someone who will be getting married the week after that, I really hope I can get bumped up from the waitlist, but really not sure what I would say to my (hopeful) soon-to-be wife…

1 Like

I think you just have to say “Ope, sorry! let me sneak right past you on my way to Green Lake”

17 Likes

I just have to hope I’m able to influence the date of the club championship next year so I don’t have a conflict.

2 Likes

I stayed at the Coblestone suites in Ripon. Zero complaints.

6 Likes

Was just at a wedding in Green Lake a few weeks back. Stayed at the Heidel House. Nicer spot right on the lake with a pretty solid basement bar and a decent sized pool/hot tub. On the spendier side for the area, though.

1 Like

Graphic of the fifty drunkest counties in the USA.

8 Likes

17 Likes

You think this offends any of us Sconnies?!

14 Likes

We’re good at like 2 things, let us have this.

11 Likes

I always forget that they are open again after it being closed for such a long time. It’s a great spot.

3 Likes

As was said above, the number of bums great people who have to bail is going to be high, so you should plan on being there.

5 Likes

Hey @Dashfast, is the rental available this weekend? 2CGC would like to rent it.

cc: @AlCzervik

4 Likes

For GL reccs i’ll also throw out the green lake inn. it’s very very very fine. strapped-esque.

but linda, the owner (or former owner) is a gem and will drive you to the course or the goose blind if you ask nicely.

it also was for sale, so you could just buy it outright.

3 Likes

Can confirm as a bum from last year. Going to have to delicately approach this, and soon

2 Likes

I believe the place across from my in-laws on little green lake (15 minutes south) will be on Airbnb by then too. Once I have details, I’ll share here.

2 Likes

My only request is that we have an actual format for the event.

2 Likes

Pulled the same thing for a local event the weekend prior to my wedding. Walked away unscathed, but the play is to have a hand in scheduling the bachelorette party the same weekend.

4 Likes

The Dartford Inn died so the Heidel House could live.

3 Likes