Return of the “Ope”-in - August 18th and 19th 2023: The Battle for Stattis

We’ve been over this at least a thousand times. Double deluxe, bacon, sub sourdough.

2 Likes

We play golf. Let’s not pretend we’re on the cutting edge of anything.

2 Likes

(quietly from the corner of the room)

…they make a damn good Rueben

6 Likes

2 Likes

I was today days old when I learned Kwik Star is Kwik Trip but just in Iowa and Illinois. Always just thought it was a very accurate rip off.

1 Like

If the latter were true, it would truly be the bar for IP/trademark theft

I used to have KT as a customer way back when and when I asked people about why they didn’t just keep the name the same I got a look of confusion and then a shrug.

1 Like

I found out my dogs love ranch, so my only use for Ranch is as a garnish on dog food, so effectively, to me, ranch is dog food… ya’ll are eating dog food.

Culver’s is still delicious however.

5 Likes

I’ve always been confused by this and Hardees’s/Carl’s Jr. Obviously there is a reason, I just don’t understand it.

I believe it’s the same story behind Fleet Farm and Farm and Fleet ?

2 Likes

That they were 2 separate companies and the stupid rumors surrounding it being 2 families that split are wrong?

First Ranch now my beloved Husker football?! When will the drive-by’s end!

1 Like

A twitter account I follow heavensfx did an AI thicc mascot and wwe mascots and both of these Nebraska fans exist. :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks! I hate it!

2 Likes

My wife and in laws are Nebraska fans and also did not appreciate it. :rofl:

They made a Herky (Iowa Mascot name) who flunked out of Iowa and it felt like a personal portrait…even though somehow I did graduate.

6 Likes

That Hawkeye looks like it retired in a old neighborhood near Miami and still complains about how much it misses home.

1 Like

and all the Van Halen.

2 Likes

I was getting more of a Def Leppard vibe tbh

But might dabble in some Jimmy Buffet to lighten the mood every now and then

1 Like

This is terrible news.

6 Likes

Driving back from a delightful round of golf in Wisconsin yesterday and had to stop at Culvers. I added bacon to my double deluxe on sourdough, I think I liked it even more with bacon than without but the sourdough is the real star of the show. I really feel like I missed out not trying this on the sourdough bread until this year.

10 Likes