Refuge Secret Santa - 2023: SANTA! Are We Done Yet?!

I feel like a sleeve or two of balls would be acceptable if, for example, someone found a really good $30 gift and needed to get to the 40 mark. But just dropping a dozen proV1’s on someone for 45 bucks would, while appreciable, kinda defeat the purpose.

Also, could we consider banning gift cards?

1 Like

This is awesome!

I’m not going to have someone pay 40 bucks to ship things to me, so I’m out, but really cool idea!

I like where your head is at but it might make it a little more difficult for any lurkers out there that might want to participate. May want to at least have a few establishing questions.

But you could have them ship it to me, and I can bring it over in March next year.

1 Like

You could always just only answer the questions you want. If you want it to be more random or a mystery, dont answer the questions.

If you want it to be a useful gift that fits you/your style, answer more questions.

1 Like

Okay, I’m in!

Just realized I wasn’t official - I’m in too!

All the more reason for them to #GetInvolved

5 Likes

if your person gives you a shitty generic gift, post about it and we’ll doxx them

includes:
non-logo’d balls
boring towels
etc

1 Like

If I draw any of our favorite burners, they’re getting a copy of this:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Circle/dp/B00FGD5JZM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=the+circle&qid=1573067877&sr=8-3

I enjoyed that Book. The movie might have been the worst thing I have ever seen.

1 Like

I’m in

I heard it was awful, the book itself gets pretty ridiculous as it progresses so could see a movie being terrible. But it was a fun read.

Or, you could, you know, say thank you.

I mean it’s possible that generic gifts could happen, but with all the fine folks on the board I wouldn’t anticipate a ball exchange.

2 Likes

Interesting from someone who was complaining about online bullying yesterday I believe… hoping this is #schtick

this one is definitely shtick and seems to have missed the mark. tried to qualify it pretty well with “shitty generic” and some very bland examples (a dozen pro v1s? not in the spirit of Refuge Secret Santa).

apologies

1 Like

I am in!

It pretty much just stops following the book about half way through. “What is the what” by Eggers is pretty good read as well, little different.

I volunteer to bring @MashNL’s gift to the States to ship for Christmas (if selections are made before November 26) and bring his present back on January 27 (if he’s ok with a late gift).

—Santa’s Little Helper

2 Likes

Dank je!

And if the draw is after the 27th I’ll happily send it.

1 Like