Refuge Book Club: Killers of the Flower Moon Date, September 20th

For the third book in a row, I’ve done the reading but can’t make the zoom. Great selection, important and compelling story. Looking forward to reading whatever y’all select next and maybe, just maybe, joining the chat some day.

Here’s the Zoom link/info:

Topic

Refuge Book Club – Solito

Time

Time

Jan 25, 2023 09:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Meeting ID

Meeting ID

963 3222 2989

Security

Security

checkedPasscode

555327Hide

Invite Link

Invite Link Launch Meeting - Zoom

2 Likes

Ya - we would normally meet at 6PST…looks like our title was set to 6:30PST - likely because that’s when TV club and Film club start.

Would people prefer 6PST? I’m happy with either!

Game for either one over here in EST land.

Just one vote, but my vote would be for the earlier time

3 Likes

Seconded.

1 Like

@OffTheDole or @Double_Bogey_Dave can you please update the title to 6:00PM PST?

It looks like our zoom is already starting at that time - if people are a bit late, all good!

4 Likes

Done

3 Likes

Aagh. Last minute chaos means I’m going to miss this one. Really enjoyed reading it and was looking forward to hearing the discussion.

Anyone else struggling with the passcode?

Passcode worked for me as 555327, but let me see if I can do anything with it as the host! Sorry about that.

That’s the one I’m trying but keep bonking

Is it saying anything as you go to log in? I just tried and got in with a second account.

Maybe sleep mode on my iPhone is refusing to let me log in ! :joy:

I know the passcode copied over weirdly. I sent you a message with just the numbers, which should work. Sorry about that!

1 Like

Had a good time meeting you all last night! Here’s some choices for the next pick:

Nightcrawling: Leila Mottley https://share.libbyapp.com/title/6524375

The Life We Bury: Allen Eskens The Life We Bury - Libby

Tracy Flick Can’t Win: Tom Perrotta Tracy Flick Can't Win - Libby

Let me know what you guys think

2 Likes

I have read Tracy Flick Can’t Win (it’s a followup to Election) and it’s fun. Haven’t read either of the other two and they both sound incredible. (The Life We Bury is apparently Book 1 of 5, which is compelling in its own way.) I’m truly happy with either of those.

As a follow-up to “Have we ever truly hated a book?” I need to remind folks about Trust Exercise which I think many didn’t hate, but i really disliked.

Ha! I knew that name sounded familiar! I never read Election but saw the film and love Tom Perrota. If I had to pick one it’d be Nightcrawling as didnt realize that Eskens was a series starter.

1 Like

Thanks for these suggestions!!

Nightcrawling looks like an interesting complement to There There - that’s my vote!

2 Likes