Red River Refuge Rally “R4” - an OK vs TX Event @ Dornick Hills CC - Saturday, April 24th

Fellow Refugees in the Sooner and Lone Star States,
You are cordially invited to the first annual Red River Refugee Rally “R4” to be hosted at Historic Dornick Hills CC in Ardmore, OK on Saturday, April 24th. Dornick is scheduled to close May 15th to begin restoration work led by Tom Doak/Renaissance Golf - Be one of the last to play this gem before Doak has his way with it – and then come back after he’s done.

The event is limited to 24 players - 12 from OK and 12 from TX - I believe @OliveLoaf has updated the google sheet with folks who expressed interest already. Get in while you can!! (R4) Red River Refuge Rally - 2021 - Google Sheets

The “R4” will feature a morning round of 2ball play with mixed formats (Scramble/Mod Alt Shot/Best Ball). Am tee times will begin @ 9:30am and groupings will be one 2ball team from each state. As each State will have 6 teams of two - we will score the best four 2ball scores from each state to determine a winner.
The PM event will be a team Horse race in alt shot format - winner take all.

At the moment were looking at ~$100/player. This will include green fee, cart, range access, a light breakfast the morning of, and a light lunch after the AM round. Additionally, were hard at work on some tasteful #Merch to commemorate the occasion. More details to come on all fronts.

13 Likes

Sounds awesome! Put my name in, definitely interested!

1 Like

:metal:t2::ox:

2 Likes

should be a hell of a time, i tell ya what…

3 Likes

Sunset at roughly 8:00 pm on April 24th in Ardmore. Saved everyone a Google search.

4 Likes

Damn this looks like a blast. No clue if I’d be able to make it yet, put myself down as an alternate

1 Like

From Oklahoma, but live in Dallas. I’m conflicted. But pumped to play Dornick!

3 Likes

tough scene. What Would Benedict Arnold Do???

1 Like

For those interested, the “Sunday Golf” column on the Registration tab is to confirm if you’re sticking around for a casual round the following Sunday. My bad for not making that more clear. I can set up the tee times for those interested (subject to guest fee of $60+tax).

Additionally, we posted a handful of lodging options available in town. If y’all need more ideas let me know.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks now as we’ve been mapping out the plans.
As Vern noted, I took the liberty to add folks that expressed interest when we announced the Save the Date a couple of weeks ago. You’re name may already be on the list! If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, snide remarks, please do not hesitate to reach out by DM or otherwise.

Warmly,
Ned

5 Likes

I am in! This sounds great. Will add myself to sheet.

2 Likes

Yes!

Just one spot remaining! We have a great split of OK/tx!
If you’re from OK go ahead and sign up, i.e. I will certainly partner up with a texan to balance things.
Assuming we fill up, get on that ALT list.

You wont want to miss your chance at Dornick Hills’ #4, a difficult uphill par 3 with a two-tiered green.
@jandywlu models the tee shot, and @smith16 models the green.

7 Likes

Pumped this is filling up so quickly & stoked to see @therealmarkymark is coming back to see us. Looking forward to meeting everyone and showing the place off a bit.

Boy do I loathe #4 entirely - hands down our most difficult par 3. Though, 8 may have something to say after the resto.

Here’s a peek @ the par 5 #16 “the cliff hole”

6 Likes

14 def needs to be playing up one of the rounds. Great risk/reward, where you are boned missing right.

3 Likes

TIL the Red River actually IS the border…

3 Likes

Love it. Was considering the same for 7 :grimacing:

3 Likes

Upset that I was late pulling the trigger on this. Didn’t think it would fill so fast, but happy to be an alt if called upon for my nation!

3 Likes

When do we get to start talking noise about how embarrassing it must be for Oklahoma to beat up on Texas regularly?

6 Likes

2 Likes

Signed up for Alt spot!

2 Likes