A thread for the Texas folks

Or Texas Jr.

2 Likes

Diet texas

All of these nicknames could also apply to Dallas

6 Likes

Those in DFW - sign-ups for Match Play 2.0 can be found in the match play thread. Someone needs to dethrone @chaser.

2 Likes

BUMP
Looking for 1 more

Neighbors in TX, the R4 is live! Sign up while ya can yall!

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey guys. Looking to make a run at qualifying for the Texas Am this year. Looking for some input on what course to qualify at. Choices are Golf Club of Dallas, Walnut Creek CC, and Hawks Creek GC. Also looking at Wichita Falls CC because we played a college tournament there.

Any input would be great!

2 Likes

I would suggest the course you like the most and/or have most access to. For me, knowing the course and feeling comfortable there goes a long way. I live right by Hawks. Let me know if you want to go out for a practice round or two.

Golf club of Dallas is really cool but there is a lot of movement in very small greens. It’s a great course to go play but if you are trying to qualify you need to play it 3+times to get the lines right Hawks has much larger greens & some really cool tee boxes. Little more comfy off the tee as well.

It also depends on what is strongest about your game and how much you can prepare. If small greens fit your skill set and you have the flexibility to play a ton of practice rounds out there, Golf Club of Dallas may give you an advantage over the field since they have to deal with the same greens and presumably less prep.

Yeah I definitely need to look into Hawks a bit more. That’s the one probably at the top of my list. Definitely interested in a round or two there

I just don’t have a way to get on GC of Dallas that many times before the qualifier. I know it’s an elite place. Probably not the most ideal place to roll into with just 1 round under my belt

Golf club of Dallas is public? It’s like $17 to walk

1 Like

Cool, man, let me know. You’ve got me thinking about signing up as well. My game isn’t sharp at the moment, but would be fun to give it a go.

Are you thinking of Dallas National or DAC? Golf club of Dallas is semi-private.

1 Like

GCOD is one of the easiest tee times in the area, much easier tee time than really any of the munis in town because it’s public/semi-private.

Yeah GCOD let us on for an event last summer, not exactly gate keeping anything.

Definitely thought GCoD was full private. My fault there guys. Good course? Never been.

It’s at least a Maxwell

2 Likes