Red River Refuge Rally “R4” - an OK vs TX Event @ Dornick Hills CC - Saturday, April 24th

Alt Spot engaged.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for minimal winter kill on all courses through the whole region. These temps need to come up quickly.

5 Likes

For those who didn’t see this: support your Supers. Even a quick thank you note goes a long way.

4 Likes

A Statement from The R4 directors :

To avoid confusion, please do not follow the guidance of the PGA Tour regarding R4 hole locations. We are, in no way, affiliated.

Secondly, we wanted to publicly acknowledge that NLU has posted evidence of an event at Colonial in Fort Worth for “late April.” We understand the worry of a conflict, and will pass along any new information as it comes down the pipe. Our goal will be to avoid conflict and enhance the value of the RRRally.

Lastly, I hope all of our TX competitors have been well and safe. We’re looking forward to having you north of the border soon!

Info on merch coming in March!

Happy Sunday everyone, go Max.
EDIT, and go Taylor Gooch!

Warmly,
Loaf!

7 Likes

Got reckless. Booked a hotel room in Ardmore.

4 Likes

Hopefully you chose the Quality Hotel Ardmore - formerly one of the flagships of the Holiday Inn fleet. The adjacent “legendary gusher lounge” is a can’t miss. Especially for those who enjoy their cigs inside.

3 Likes

This info was not on the spreadsheet. I might need to rebook.

2 Likes

No conflict with NLU Colonial event, it will be the following week. Time to get committed! @OliveLoaf is ready and willing to accept registration fees!

3 Likes

Its a celebration!

We are 42 days away. I feel that the Rally->Colonial will be a treat of a 2 week period for those lucky enough to attend both. Yes, registration fees are being accepted. Please see the event sheet for details! I’d like to have all committed parties to send registration by April 09th.

Also, pleased to announce the first of maybe a few merch items.
Below is the first variant of the R4 Show Poster.
8.5x11 Cardstock. I’ll post it framed soon.
Maybe the best part, it’s only $5 and 100% of the proceeds will feed either into the event or go to our sponsor.

Speaking of our sponsor, we will be supporting Ardmore’s YMCA, something near and dear to @Mish’s (and really all of ours) heart.

Gosh I’m excited.

6 Likes

Commit earlier if you can folks. Team Oklahoma will be looking to have several team dinners, Trackman sessions and fittings for team blazers…

3 Likes

The Red River Refuge Rally is more on the ball than my buddies club. I had agreed last year to play his member-guest and then it was abandoned due to covid. They have rescheduled it for April 23-25. So, I have to bow out and open a spot for Team Texas

Sorry to hear it, Rob.

@Kgilles5 , you’re in!

1 Like

Unfortunately, @Insulin_And_Bogeys has WD also. Looks like @jsteve15 is up next for Team Texas

1 Like

Just confirming my schedule but should be good

1 Like

Thanks. Hope we can do this again in the fall and I can get in

2 Likes

We’d happily come to Colonial for a fall event…

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve got tap out for team Texas as well. Wound up having a scheduling conflict that I tried to get moved, but it’s not going to happen. Really sorry to miss it for Team Texas!

1 Like

Thanks for the update;

@ragonk ; you are IN my friend. Pls confirm!

As there is only one more Alternate for Texas, we will soon start moving folks around to fill regardless of state designation. I.E. I will represent TX if need be!

Also, @rdvern and I will be having an event planning meeting this weekend. Expect a significant update on Monday.

2 Likes

38 days folks! As @OliveLoaf mentioned we’ll be meeting up this weekend to work out some final details. Should anyone care to join us for a practice round, we’re the 11am tee time Saturday.

2 Likes

I gotta be out unfortunately! This is the week after a bachelor party trip for a buddy, so I gotta be good the next weekend on the home front.