PUBLIC THREAD The Ice Bowl Part II: Big Plex Heads to Cowtown January 21, 2023 (Rockwood Park GC)

After a wonderful inaugural event in 2022, the Ice Bowl will return for a second year, a football-inspired battle of two teams during the heat of the NFL playoffs. However, this year will be a change of scenery: at long last, Big Plex will be headed west to Fort Worth.

The Ice Bowl will go down on the crown jewel of Fort Worth’s public golf scene, Rockwood Park golf course.

To make things more interesting, this year’s event will continue to be two man net best ball, but a brand new, state of the art points system will determine match winners: the Big Plex Stableford System (trademark pending).

This event will also take place on a Saturday in hopes that attendees can head to a local establishment to celebrate the winners, medicate the losers, and watch round 2 of the NFL playoffs.

EVENT DETAILS
Where: Rockwood Park Golf Course
When: January 21, 2023 - tee times from 9:00 AM to 9:50 AM
Cost: $25 Non-Refundable fee (includes hat and a donation to IAGF) + green fee the day of the event ($49 walking) Fee will be due one month out, 12/21, to ensure your spot in the event. Payments can be made via venmo to @Cameron-Kuenzer
Format: Net Best Ball + “Football” Stableford Scoring. See Below For Details
Captains: @duckhunter07 and @therealmarkymark
Dress Code: Football Fan Semi-Formal (No jorts. Well maybe jorts.). We will have a best-dressed award.
Optional: Post-round hangout in Fort Worth to watch the Saturday 2nd Round NFL games.

Draft night, pairings, tee times, and other details will follow.

Sign-up Here:

The Big Plex Stableford Scoring System:

@TheSupercell @STROHS Feel free to join us.

bcc @TheSupercell and @Jdonelson (can you tag in Strohs?).

Strohs has their event that weekend

1 Like

It’s true - we’re doing an event at Landa Park in NB that weekend (actually Fri-Sat). That said, no reason NOT to tag in the @STROHS since we aren’t the only game in Texas - we definitely want to continue to support all the Roosts!

2 Likes

UPDATE: after doing some market research, there will be uncrustables at this event.

1 Like

Work trip came up and I have to drop out. I moved up first alternate @WhineyCracker52
#urwelcome

@qtip I’ve long said you were one of the best guys on the Refuge and if we ever play golf together I would love to buy you a beer.

giphy (49)

Cheers! If the legendary @WhineyCracker52 wasn’t first alternate, I might not have cancelled.

1 Like

UPDATE
We have finalized the fees for this year’s event. Ice Bowl participants will pay a $25, non-refundable deposit by Wednesday, December 21, to ensure their spot in the event. This fee will be used to pay for a custom hat created for this event by our Plex merch Czar, @BHstraitvibin, and a donation to I am A Golfer Donation. Your only other cost for the event is a green fee paid at the front desk the day of the event ($49 for walking, $66 if you would like a cart).

The deposit can be made to me via venmo at @Cameron-Kuenzer or message me if you need another method. Also, please go back into the excel sheet to add in a specified hat size if you have a head like mine. Big heads unite.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout!